Saturday ribs...... What to do????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
I am making 4 racks of ribs tomorrow and just can't seem to get my mojo going about how to make them...

1. St. Louis style
  2. Memphis Style
  3. Asian Style _ Chinese
  4. Asian Style_ Korean
  5. Jamaican Style _ Jerk
  6. Texas Style_ SP and smoke
Going to be a hot one in Green Bay on Saturday.

What style of ribs would you want to make?

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: PPG1
Tuff decision. I'm a purist and love Memphis Style. I can picture myself on Beale St. in BB Kings restaurant, listening to Memphis blues and scarfing down some ribs.
Dude.....Come to Memphis. We'll have a great time. Me and the family spent 6 months at Pirateland RV park while I worked the hospital in MB. Loved our time there.
Jim

I did a rack of full spares a couple of weeks ago . Had the same thoughts on what sauce . Smoked with just salt and pepper . Cut into single sections at the table .
Had some Guy Fieri BBQ sauce , and my son buys one called Asian zing . That's a wing sauce ( Buffalo Wild Wings ) . Dipped in the sauce and into a skillet to thicken up . Kind of " fried " in the sauce . Man they came out good like that .
I was just trying something different , but that way I had some BBQ , some Asian and a couple plain .

Dude.....Come to Memphis. We'll have a great time. Me and the family spent 6 months at Pirateland RV park while I worked the hospital in MB. Loved our time there.
Jim
You and I can switch back and forth. MB is great but I go to Memphis alot for the food and music. Been to Sun Studio I don't know how many times. My goal is to make it up and down Beale St. and having one drink in every club...have never made it.

P PPG1 its all about pacing your self. :emoji_laughing: Hoping that everything will get back to "normal" soon and we can really enjoy Beale again. They just had the BBQ Championships on the river this past weekend and it was great seeing the teams back. Even if at a limited number of spectators at a time.
Jim

Throw any you're leaving whole in a bag with 1tbsp prague #1 for every 1gal water, overnight is long enough for ham/bacon on a stick

Leave one whole, do one TN style all the way/dry (no seasoning til it's smoking, Cavender's and Tony's with IMO extra cayenne too), one STL style and smoke the tips too, last one split up and do half Korean half Chinese

Throw any you're leaving whole in a bag with 1tbsp prague #1 for every 1gal water, overnight is long enough for ham/bacon on a stick

Leave one whole, do one TN style all the way/dry (no seasoning til it's smoking, Cavender's and Tony's with IMO extra cayenne too), one STL style and smoke the tips too, last one split up and do half Korean half Chinese

Sounds great but also sound like more work than I want to do. :emoji_laughing:

I may go with Memphis style.... Seems like that is the way the wind is pushing me.....

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: PPG1
I'd leave at least ONE whole, and if you dont have any cure salt (and dont feel like going to the butcher shop) at least do a heavy sugar/salt brine to help get some nice pink ribs.. that's less work than memphis mopping!
kimg0560-jpg.jpg
plate-jpg.jpg

Reactions: JC in GB
I know this is a late response but I do St Louis style with Jeff's rub on them overnight then do a 2-2-1 method but the last hour I coat the top of half the rack with orange marmalade, might sound strange but I dare you to try it, the rub comes in towards the end of a bite with a little heat behind the sweetness of the marmalade.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky