Long season for Baby Backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
Question for the group. I have to smoke 3 racks of St Louis spare ribs for a friend on Saturday and 3 racks of BB's for me on Sunday for the Super Bowl. I could smoke mine on Saturday also but want them to be fresh for the game. So my question is and what I plan to do is season mine up Saturday afternoon So I can just get up early Sunday and fire the smoker and go right on to save some time. Is that to long of a season for BB's? Never did season ribs for that long. Going with just a brown sugar rub from Kinders with either a mustard or olive oil binder. Could they possibly get to tender from such a long seasoning?

Thanks for any insight!!

Sean

Reactions: JLeonard
No, not too long, season away. The tenderness will not be affected.
Thanks Inda. As I said never did that long of a hold on ribs. Done it on brisket and tri tip roasts though they were great!

Smoke them all the same day, wrap in foil and put them in an ice chest or in the fridge to cool. Ribs are almost always better the next day, reheat them in the oven at 250* until they're hot enough for you.

Smoke them all the same day, wrap in foil and put them in an ice chest or in the fridge to cool. Ribs are almost always better the next day, reheat them in the oven at 250* until they're hot enough for you.
Something to think about for sure. Thanks for the input, appreciate it.
The more I think about that it does sound like a simpler way. Saturday I could just take my time to do all 6 racks at a nice pace with no time constraints, HMMMM!!

Last edited:
I cook them all together. You could take the baby back off a bit early if needed. Heat back up in foil on a gas grill. Remove foil, add sauce and a bit of char...yummy. Quick and easy.

Reactions: Redicans
So I went went with forktender forktender advise to do them all today and reheat tomorrow. Happy I did this now no stress for tomorrow. Just heat them up and sauce and head to the party. They came out pretty awesome I must say. Lot of meat on my smoker and it was a fun smoke!!

IMG_5373.jpeg

Seasoned up. 3 St. Louis and 3 Baby Backs. 21lbs of ribs total!!

IMG_5374.jpeg

2hrs in and looking good!

IMG_5375.jpeg

After wrapped in Butchers paper and glazed up.
IMG_5377.jpeg

Usually just pour sauce in a bowl and brush on. Today I poured it into a squeeze bottle and drizzled on then brushed, much easier!!
IMG_5376.jpeg

Glazed and back on for an hour!
IMG_5378.jpeg

All done. BB’s on the left. St. Louis on the right. I’m sure all will be happy tomorrow. Plan is to reheat on my Weber Summit tomorrow and then cut up into individual ribs and drizzle with more Sauce and head to the Party!! Hope everyone has a Great day tomorrow!! Thanks for the suggestions

Last edited:
I dont know man......One slab might would have to go into testing to make sure the procedure was right!!! :emoji_laughing: They look mighty good!

Jim

• Haha
Hahaha! Thanks Jim, Yeah I did sample some! Very tasty!

Most excellent looking ribs, now enjoy the party Red.

Point for sure
Chris

Those are some great looking ribs. Enjoy them, and the game.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky