Nuclear Nectar Blazing Honey V2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I posted my first batch of hot honey here https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/nuclear-nectar-is-born.323658/ It was nice and hot on the finish but didn't really have any up front heat. Multiple folks , self included thought adding that would perfect it. For this batch to add that immediate heat I added 4 dehydrated red savine peppers in addition to the chili moritas, ghost and scorpion peppers. Worked out well. This batch has immediate sweet heat that hangs on right to the scorpion / ghost finish. I doubled up and did 10 lbs worth of honey this time. Will be great drizzled on pizza, wings, Nashville Hot Chicken and waffles and much more. I think one buddy used it to glaze some ribs as well. Here are some pics and thanks for looking.
PXL_20231110_215022135.jpg
1000005765-01.jpeg

Glazed ribs, pizza, cheese and crackers half the damn bottle is gone in what 2 weeks.....not good for this type 2 but I can't stop using it...next up if it lasts, is pork belly burnt ends for a thanksgiving appetizer.
PBBE with it will be awesome!
Nice blending Jeff.
You are really learning the finer skill of hot pepper blends.
Used to love hot honey, but the tastes changed 3 times after the ..vid and honey is eh as with all other sweet.
Man that's a bummer on the taste changes for sure. It is interesting on the nuances of the burn timing and even location between some of the varieties.
Do you just crush or cut up the peppers and let soak in honey? What does the hot water bath do?
I cut up the dehydrated peppers. The hot water batch is just a controlled way to "cook" it 🚄 ng up infusing the honey. Some folks do it in a saucepan which to me is far harder to control and keep from burning.

Love hot honey but #2 diabetic so I don't eat as much as I would like to, just got in trouble about honey with the wife, Jim Beam Honey to be precise, wife said what's this charge at the liquor store? I haven't been to 1 in years lol

• Haha
Reactions: clifish and jcam222
Gotta luv that label!
And I'm betting the honey is addictive.
Thanks! The folks who have it are devouring it at a rapid rate lol
So Awesome! Glad I could spark this creation with the name. Keep the hot sauce posts coming, I am enjoying them a lot!
Thanks! I sometimes hesitate to post them as they are often repeats but figure there's no harm in it.
Love hot honey but #2 diabetic so I don't eat as much as I would like to, just got in trouble about honey with the wife, Jim Beam Honey to be precise, wife said what's this charge at the liquor store? I haven't been to 1 in years lol
I only taste a tiny amount to insure it's tasty. Making these and tiny taste test is the most sugar I've ingested at one time in over 6 years! I do plan on making a sugar free version with my dandelion sugar free honey next year when the dandelions return.

Reactions: indaswamp
me too! You are making me feel bad for the $1000 we dropped a few weeks ago at the NH liquor store we were at visiting my son. It is embarrassing as they ask us if this amount is for commercial use. The bad part is it is for personal consumption...lol

Reactions: mike243
Jeff
Many an entrepreneur has started a business in their retirement years.

I should add that my aversion to sweet is lessened by the use of the keto or sugar alcohols. It may help others that should avoid traditional sugars owing to dietary restrictions.
me too! You are making me feel bad for the $1000 we dropped a few weeks ago at the NH liquor store we were at visiting my son. It is embarrassing as they ask us if this amount is for commercial use. The bad part is it is for personal consumption...lol
NY alcohol tax must be similar to FL?
Depending on your taste it may not take many bottles to total $1,000

Reactions: jcam222
My goodness that looks and sounds awesome !!! Do I use "SMF" as my code when I order ? :emoji_sunglasses:
Lol some days I ponder a commercial operation for sauces but then I remember just how much I love retirement since July haha. Mostly goes to friend and some local deals to acquaintances.
Who said commercial........this is just among us friends scattered around the country.:emoji_laughing::emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_wink::emoji_laughing: Bryce would be like clifish clifish and putting it on everything. I'd have to have a case of it!!!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky