Hot Dog that was delicious.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Danblacksher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
Brandon, Mississippi
Well I made a batch of hot dogs with cheese in them. I decided to try something different so I made Korean Corn Dogs. I made 2 types of batter and used a classic method and a different method. The classic method uses baking soda and all puropse flour for the batter and the other method uses yeast and bread flour. The red cup is the classic batter. The classic method calls for a mixture of rice or all purpose flour, Panco crumbs and parsley to roll the dog in after you put the batter on. The other method called for just panco crumbs and parsley. the whiter powder is the classic. I preferred The non classic method. The batter for the classic method did not stay on as well. I did homemade cheese filled dogs, half dogs half cheese, red beef store bought beef sausages, and cheese. The first couple were not smooth but once I got the hang of it they started to look right. You are suppose to finish them by rolling them in sugar and putting catsup and honey mustard on them, but I settled for just honey mustard. catsup and regular mustard is great as well. They are all delicious , but this recipe was the best once I got the hang of how to get the batter on the dog.

#2 KOREAN-STYLE CORN DOGS

Ingredients:

• 4 hot dogs or sausages
  • 4 string cheese
  • 2 cups panko bread crumbs
  • 1 tbsp parsley flakes (optional)
  • High-heat oil, for frying
  • Sugar, for coating
  • Ketchup and honey mustard, to serve
Batter:

• Bread flour (400g)
  • Sugar (60g)
  • Salt (10g)
  • Instant dry yeast (8g)
  • Warm water (300ml)
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and salt.

2. In another bowl, mix together the yeast and warm water. Pour the yeast mixture into the bowl and mix with a spatula for a while. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours or until it has doubled in size.

3. Make 3 types of corn dogs : basic, string cheese and sausage & cheese. (If you put the cheese in the freezer for a few minutes, it will be easier to skewer.)

4. Cover the skewered hog dog with the batter completely. Otherwise, the cheese will leak out when you deep-fry it. Coat it with bread crumbs & parsley flakes (if using). Repeat the process with remaining ingredients.

5. Fill your wok (or pot) with enough oil and heat it over medium heat. Once you can feel the heat from the oil, add the corn dogs. Working in batches, fry until golden brown. Take it out and roll it on the sugar. Drizzle with some ketchup and honey mustard.

Attachments

• IMG_5718.jpeg
    IMG_5718.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5719.jpeg
    IMG_5719.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5720.jpeg
    IMG_5720.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5721.jpeg
    IMG_5721.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5722.jpeg
    IMG_5722.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5725.jpeg
    IMG_5725.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5726.jpeg
    IMG_5726.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5727.jpeg
    IMG_5727.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5728.jpeg
    IMG_5728.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5729.jpeg
    IMG_5729.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5132.jpeg
    IMG_5132.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 22
They all look delicious! I think I want a job as taste tester! I think I forget about 1/2 the things on my to do list.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky