My First Fatties - 2 Part/Q-Views -Part 1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buck_snorts

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Longmont, Colorado, USA
I've never smoked fatties before, so I figured "What the heck?", let's just do 5 of them!

The first shot is of an Italian Sausage, filled with mozzerella, onions, green peppers, pepperoni, scrambled eggs, and decorated with more pepperoni, and a Hot J/D Sausage, filled with Velveta, fried hash browns, scrambed eggs, onions, green peppers, crumbled fried bacon, and Frank's Hot Sauce (Buffalo Style), and wrapped with more bacon.

The other 3 fatties are the J/D Sage Sausage, filled with Velveta, fried hash browns, scrambled eggs, onions, green peppers, crumbled fried bacon, and wrapped with more bacon.

There's a shot or two of my Camp Chef "Smoke Vault" rig, as well. I used dry hickory for the smoke wood, as opposed to soaking the chips overnight. I had to re-load the wood 3 times to keep the Thin Blue Smoke going for the full 3.5 hours @ 225 F. to get the temperature to 170 F. internal.

As you can see, I didn't get the meat sealed around the fillings very good, and a lot of the cheese leaked out. No problem, though. The spousal unit and I enjoyed munching on it after it cooled.

I don't know how many Q-Views I can attach in each post, so there will probably be two or three posts...

Buck

firstfatties001ox5.jpg

firstfatties002sl5.jpg

firstfatties003kq9.jpg

firstfatties004wf6.jpg

The rest of the shots:
firstfatties005ap2.jpg

firstfatties006xj2.jpg

firstfatties007pa9.jpg

I'll just bet that as soon as "Navocco" sees these shots, he'll be over to inspect them. Don't worry, son, I've got one with your name on it... (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge... )

Smoke 'em if you got 'em,
Buck

Thanks, MossyMO. We're getting ready to tear into the Italian in a few minutes.

And before anyone scolds me for using the foil on the racks, I DID perforate it to let the juices drain away. Some of the holes clogged up with cheese, but the oils went down to the water pan just fine.

Happy Easter,
Buck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky