Christmas Eve Breakfast Fatties

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KeithLBPI

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 12, 2018
Planning to do 2 breakfast Fatties for breakfast at the fire house. My go to is a strawberry pancake cream cheese fatty with fresh berries. No weave and comes out great.

Wanting to do a loaded breakfast fatty with cheese,eggs, hasbrowns the works. I want a bacon weave but whenever I've done them in the past, bac9n has always come out the smoker rubbery not crisp at all. Any thoughts?

Reactions: JLeonard
What temp do you smoke at? I do 2 lbs fatties with bacon weaves. Usually smoke at 275F and the bacon comes out perfect. I do make sure to buy thinner but bacon. Once you have the weave done you can take a rolling pin to it to spread it and further thin. That will help a lot. Tell us more this strawberry pancake fatties......

No real help but I'd love to see pictures of those. You could try thinner bacon or cook at a higher temp. Or, if rubbery still throw on a hot griddle?

Reactions: JLeonard
Yes what JCam recommends. Use saran wrap to flatten out the weave. Use plastic wrap to tighten the fatty and weave. Smoke at 250f until it's nearly done, then crank it up to 275+ to finish the bacon.
More info on the pancake fatty that has my interest.

Good luck,
RG

Reactions: jcam222
Wanting to do a loaded breakfast fatty with cheese,eggs, hasbrowns the works. I want a bacon weave but whenever I've done them in the past, bac9n has always come out the smoker rubbery not crisp at all. Any thoughts?
The boys have given you some solid advice. Once you've made the weave place another sheet of plastic wrap or parchment paper on top, and use a rolling pin to flatten it out a tad more. The rolling will not only help with the cooking, but it will also seal up any openings you have in your weave(think blowout protection). Another pointer: when shopping for your bacon. Look in the little window on the flip side of the package. You want to get the straightest and meatiest bacon you can find. I try to avoid the slabs that are curvy or have those tails on the ends. Thin or regular bacon works fine. Also I cook my fatties at 250 to 275* and until the bacon is done to my liking.

Weave that's been rolled flat:
1703341140976.png

Finished shot:
1703341186510.png

Weave that wasn't rolled:
1703341281174.png

Finished shot: Still good and held but had the potential for a fatty blowout.
1703341388540.png

One final add: Don't be afraid to get creative. I added a loose weave of puff pastry to the below fatty. Just to add another dimension:
1703341630735.png

Chris

Sorry for the delay. Very busy with the kiddos.

Strawberry creamcheese pancake Fatties

1lb maple sausage and 1/3lb sage flattened out with strawberry preserves spread over half of it
20231223_210110.jpg

Next I put about a pancake and a half of sliced with fresh strawberries and a block of cream cheese cut in 4 slices
20231223_210415.jpg

Drizzle some maple syrup in there and roll her up. I top the rolled Fatty with strawberry preserves, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Wrapped overnight and in the smoker

20231224_080148.jpg

The strawberry one is on the right. Got toned out for a call and had the new guy tend to them which he used tongs and broke it open. No worries.

The other 2 are bacon weaved which was flattened and turned out better. Stuffed with ham, hashbrowns, onion, scrambled eggs and green Chile. Meant to add cheese but forgot as I prepped at midnight.

20231224_105630.jpg

Messy but delicious!

Looks great and nice when someone helps out , lol. Still all good

I must apologize as I thought it was going to be a dessert fattie, but that is me . Never thought you meant inside of the meat . But I must say I would try it . As I am always up for different flavours

David

Reactions: KeithLBPI
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky