Get to know your neighbour night smoke off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rogan

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
My neighbour and I decided to have a mini neighbourhood smoke off, mainly just an excuse to smoke meats, eat like kings, drink beer and play cards.
My neighbour is doing a 16 hour brisket, while I'm going for fattie number 4. I'm using 4lbs of bacon, 3 for the weave, one pre-cooked with chopped garlic and rosemary. I'm using some stawnichys Ukrainian sausage as a substitute for the sausage I've tried previously, sprinkled with old cheddar and a cheese that looks like fresh Parmesan, but not quite (was $1 cheaper and works great on Cesar salads). I sprinkled the inside of the bacon layer with some white pepper and a sprinkling of honey hickory rub. The beef is a 50/50 pork beef mix, wrapped in lazy maple bacon.
I'll get some q view pics tomorrow as mine is sitting in the refrigerator overnight while the brisket slow smokes at my neighbours. Tomorrow will be battle brisket vs. Fattie. In the end we will all win, but only one of us will reign supreme.

A meat fatty. Now why haven't I thought of this?

I'm in 
popcorn.gif

Looks tasty! I've noticed lately that many are not rolling the filling and then wrapping the weave around the rolled filling. What gives?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky