New to the Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KCinNE

Original poster
Feb 14, 2024
NW Nebraska
I've been lurking for a little while now, getting tips here and there. I've been using a Pitboss electric smoker for a couple years now, it's simple but that fits me well. I always have a beef, a pig, and some wild game (deer and elk) in the freezers. I built a walkin cooler a few years back so I'm able to process some of my own meat. I mostly make muscle jerky and summer sausage, maybe a brisket or meatloaf ever now and then. I do have some beef bacon I am going to try making for the first time.

I found an old 1953 General Electric fridge that I hope to convert to a smoker later this winter or spring. I'd like a little more capacity to smoke summer sausage than what my little Pitboss can do. I'm sure I will have some questions with that so I look forward to learning a lot from everyone.

Welcome, from Colorado. Some very knowledgeable folks in here for sure.

Welcome home, lot of great people and info here.

Welcome from Iowa! Have pics or more info on your walk in cooler you made?

Ryan

Welcome from Iowa! Have pics or more info on your walk in cooler you made?

Ryan
Here are few when I first built it. Paint and a few other things have been added.

Attachments

• KIMG2295.JPG
    KIMG2295.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 18
  • KIMG2307.JPG
    KIMG2307.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 19
  • KIMG2281.JPG
    KIMG2281.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 19
  • KIMG2282.JPG
    KIMG2282.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 18
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky