Fried Haddock and Potato cakes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks delicious David! Tater cakes... mmmmmmmm!
And JLeonard JLeonard my son Bryce likes mashed taters but not gravy... just can't figure it! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the comment

And the cakes were very nice along with the fish.

What is wrong with your and Jim's JLeonard JLeonard boys, one no mashed , and one no gravy. The boys all mixed up I say all mixed up.

David

Looks amazing. Like a few others I need to eat more fish. I really love fish but just seem to never cook it.

Thanks Jeff for the comment

It was very light and filling at the same time, really it was .

We all do by the sounds of it. But I just never think of it unless someone else mentions it .... Like Mona or see a nice dish on here like I saw the other couple days .

David

I have a wife and son that don't like gravy on mashers.
Well wife only likes it on stuffing.

John I was going to say what is wrong with everyone ,

But I live in Nova Scotia and I really dislike Lobster, clams , mussels, Oh I can eat 1 battered scallop dipped in ketchup.
I know right , lol

David

• Haha
Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
John I was going to say what is wrong with everyone ,

But I live in Nova Scotia and I really dislike Lobster, clams , mussels, Oh I can eat 1 battered scallop dipped in ketchup.
I know right , lol

David

That is funny. You live there so you have to like it or else! I am on the far side of the Americas and I agree that I do not like any of that except Lobster. It is a texture thing. Most of those are like sucking up a buger into your mouth and pretending it tastes good.

I hope some day you can taste a good avocado or a perfect guacamole. The texture is not far off but if you can get a good one the spices will get you past it.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
It is a texture thing.

That is exactly the problem I have with shell fish, texture.
Now I have had a great seafood chowder and I could pick out the shrimp, and the lobster was so small pieces there really was no texture.
They were just using the red specks to say it had lobster, lol Cheap bastards. But worked for me .

Now , If i came across a Guac. that all raved about I might try it ,as long as I have a big napkin with me just incase.

David

Thanks for the shout out amigo. Took me long enough to get back to it but I didn't forget....but how could a person forget a meal like that? You sir continue to turn out stunning and masterful meals, this one being another. That fish looks to be perfectly cooked and the whole meal is perfection on a plate.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks for the shout out amigo. Took me long enough to get back to it but I didn't forget....but how could a person forget a meal like that? You sir continue to turn out stunning and masterful meals, this one being another. That fish looks to be perfectly cooked and the whole meal is perfection on a plate.

Robert

Thanks Robert for like and the comment

Welcome for the closeup, and I love a good fish fry, and Haddock is in my top 3 fish .
I should eat a lot more of it . It was so fresh and flacky, and nothing wrong with some potato cakes on the side .

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky