Shrimp fried rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zwiller

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 16, 2016
Sandusky, OH
Was not planning on posting but since I saw 2 other stir fry threads... We prefer "house" fried rice with all proteins but was Lent.

Top one is takeout style (yeah we like egg LOL). Oil, light soy, ginger, garlic, sesame, msg.
Bottom is hibachi style. Butter, garlic, light soy, ginger, msg

Both turned out better than we can get here but still a little short of what I am aiming for. Liked both and my best to date but need to reduce the soy and use salt and also use some WP.

20240322_190248_resized.jpg

20240322_191011_resized.jpg

They both look fantastic . I bet that WP did but the edge on it . Love that stuff .
Nice work , glad you posted this .

Reactions: zwiller
Yea man you gotta have a flattop in any outdoor cooking collection. Crazy good for stir fry, fajitas, smash burgers, huge breakfast and more.

Food looks amazing! I love fried rice always like seeing others recipes.
Yes everyone needs a griddle. I do so many things on it and great to sear with too.
Mike

Reactions: zwiller
Haven't seen shrimp fried rice in ages. Mighty good looking food fit for a king. Ate a lot of authentic Chinese Shrimp fried rice when I was in Spain. Want to try some paella one of these days.

Oh wow. Thanks for all the kind words!

Flat top is a must. Pro level breakfast is main reason I got mine. I might get banned for saying it but feel my griddle is more important than my smoker LOL. BTW had her up to 420F for this.

In case anyone does not know the first key to fried rice is old rice. Made mine before work in the AM. Used the IP. 1:1 rice:water. 3m, natural release. Perfect rice.

Everyone has their own take on fried rice. The stuff we fell in love with was pretty light, not just in color but in flavor. The stuff at restaurants here is far darker and saltier and we're not a fan. Getting shrimp fried rice here? No way. For me, the light soy was a huge step in the right direction. Totally can see other things in the "sauce". Very much looking forward to geek out more on stir fry and think lo mein might be next. I think Baccans will shine there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky