Fried Haddock and Potato cakes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Fried Haddock and Potato cakes, Quick and a short and sweet post , lol

Well after seeing Charles Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke fish and the swordfish by Chris Chris_in_SoCal Chris_in_SoCal . I wanted fish. Today being another wet and cool day. Pulled out the last of our Haddock. Just floured with salt and pepper and fried in canola oil with onions. Mixed up some mashed with fried onions and S+P and an egg,

DSC_8715.JPG

Hard to tell which is which in this picture, lol

My plate of coarse with some of my mustard pickles

DSC_8716.JPG

One for Mr DeMille tx smoker tx smoker , Jim JLeonard JLeonard
DSC_8717.JPG

There it is , very happy . been missing fish for awhile . Now I'm good for a bit, until I find a nice piece of Halibut or Swordfish.

Thanks for looking.

David

Haddock is one of our favorite white fish David and yours look fantastic. Great Job

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Yes sir! I'd be making that disappear and looking for more. And those potato cakes....Man, My grandmother used to make them when she had left over mashed potatoes. Bringing back some memories there. Bryce doesn't like mashed potatoes (is he really mine). Wonder if he'd like those.....Hmmm, gonna have to try him out on them.

Jim

Looks great, brotherinlaw gave a pack of crappie day before yesterday, its still frozen and I bought fixings for soup. oh well latter in the week I reckon.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Yes sir! I'd be making that disappear and looking for more. And those potato cakes....Man, My grandmother used to make them when she had left over mashed potatoes. Bringing back some memories there. Bryce doesn't like mashed potatoes (is he really mine). Wonder if he'd like those.....Hmmm, gonna have to try him out on them.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

I'm with you , good quick and not real filling so I can stuff a lot in my trap.
Yes mum always did these potatoes when we were kids , or after a stew we would get everything fries up and she called it hash, memory's

Bryce doesn't like mashed potatoes (is he really mine)
Make him eat them , thats what dads do , lol

He will come around to the right side , does not like mashed , who could believe that. :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David

Dr Seuss lives on. Hijack73 Hijack73
Love tater patties
Don't eat as much fish as I should. Wife gets into salmon.

Thanks John for the comment

If you know me , I have a hankern for some kind of potatoes often.

And I should eat more ( white fish ) also ( i'm not that fussy about salmon )

David

That looks Amazing David. Kinda glad I don't have any Swordfish left, If I did I would be walking to the fridge right now.

Thanks Chris for the love and the comment

Ha ha , I know what you mean , I do a lot of walk by feedings when I know there are some tasty leftovers in the fridge

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky