Flank steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
The local grocery store has them relatively cheap.The problem is they are very flat compared ones I've purchased in the past,those looked more like mini briskets and I would smoke them as is.

With these thin ones should I roll and tie them?I want to make sure they are evenly cooked.Flank is one of my favorite cuts and don't want to screw this up.

Thanks
Norm

I usually marinate them in teriyaki sauce then on to a screaming hot grill for a couple minutes on each side.

Chris

Same here. Flank steaks with teriyaki is good. A month or so ago I did that to a couple cubed flank steaks. The flavor was over the top.

At $6.99/lb I wasn't passing it up.Extremely thin so I decided on the rolled&tied method and a short marinade in teriyaki/soy with a few shots of my homemade scotch bonnet/peach sauce.

The MES is heating up and the AMNTS is loaded up with hickory...ready to rock!

Came out awesome,perfectly between rare and medium rare.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky