Surf n Turf Birthday Dinner for my Honey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WaterRat

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 14, 2018
Hamden, CT
Steak and scallops for my Wife’s BDay! We didn’t want go out as my wife had gastric surgery a few weeks ago and has a restricted diet. Tenderloin prices are through the roof here/ $28/lb for regular ole usda choice - no thanks - but I found these “American style kobe” strips from SRF at the local grocery for $18! The 10ct dry scallops were the star, they were fantastic. Some mixed mushrooms and roasted veggies rounded out the meal. Oh, with of course some Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fouisse the Wifey’s favorite 👍

IMG_2954.jpeg
IMG_2955.jpeg
IMG_2956.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a very nice looking meal. Im sure your Wife appreciated it. What did you cook the steaks and scallops on and what was the doneness of the steaks?

Thats a very nice looking meal. Im sure your Wife appreciated it. What did you cook the steaks and scallops on and what was the doneness of the steaks?
Thanks! Steaks went on the Weber gasser, not real thick so that (and limited time) was the best choice. Med-rare. Scallops done in a non-stick skilket w/evoo. I’d usually do oo/ butter combo but my wife can’t do the butter right now. That kinda threw off my pan temp and timing but I managed to them cooked up great anyhow.

Reactions: JLeonard
That looks fantastic. Scallops here are about 25 buck a pound, I’ll pass, but love them just the same.

What a great looking Dinner!! Bet your Wife was very happy about that!! Nicely Done!

Great meal!! Huge fan of scallops and beef like that. I didn't realize the meat cost in CT was that high!

Great meal!! Huge fan of scallops and beef like that. I didn't realize the meat cost in CT was that high!
Thank you, it sure was tasty! The fillet was shockingly high at multiple stores, other cuts not as bad. Does my profile still say “CT” ? Lol, I’m in NJ now, need to do one of those life update posts I guess 🤔
A Happy Birthday to the Missus!
Great dinner, obviously made with love.
Thank you, Chile! It was a fun cook 👍

Thanks! Steaks went on the Weber gasser, not real thick so that (and limited time) was the best choice. Med-rare. Scallops done in a non-stick skilket w/evoo. I’d usually do oo/ butter combo but my wife can’t do the butter right now. That kinda threw off my pan temp and timing but I managed to them cooked up great anyhow.
Sounds awesome to me.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Reactions: WaterRat
Good looking plate WR, and wish the wife a happy birthday.

Point for sure
Chris

Holy Cow - that looks terrific! I think I just drooled on my keyboard! Good on ya for taking care of the missus - and Happy Birthday to her!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky