First Brisket...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For what it's worth, last week I threw on a 6.33 lb brisky flat at 20:30 hrs running at 240 degrees grate temp.
It finally hit probe tender at 09:30 hrs the following morning.

Yes, 185 it is almost there.

• Wow
Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
For what it's worth, last week I threw on a 6.33 lb brisky flat at 20:30 hrs running at 240 degrees grate temp.
It finally hit probe tender at 09:30 hrs the following morning.

Yes, 185 it is almost there.

Yep!
I was up and at 'em at around 5:30 hrs with a cup of joe, thinking it should be close because the IT on the Inkbird was reading 187 degrees. Made for nice morning with the smoker perking along while drinking coffee.

Oh my heavens. Tastebud heaven. Coulda used a few extra mins but 200° was where I pulled it. Very tender, but a few spots require an extra tug.
7FB2DC5C-2C18-4F2C-AC0A-201F52EAD54E.jpeg
128CFF84-493E-4D72-A247-87E5DB6D4868.jpeg
B601BD9B-5FBE-4D97-A460-725E86AF84FB.jpeg

Last edited:
I would eat that! Nice work. Flats are challenging, all the big pieces of meat have am id of their own. After my first brisket I learned to start WAY earlier than I think I need to.

Bought a 6.56 lb flat from the Grocery Store, the price was regrettable but apparently meat is in low supply right now. (I did cut it in half because I can't eat that much myself, so I'll smoke the other half another day).
View attachment 444770
Brined injected it with beef broth and rubbed one side down with kosher salt and black pepper.
View attachment 444771

Rubbed the other side down before it was ready to go on the smoker.
View attachment 444772

This is my first try at brisket. Had very good luck with everything else I have smoked so I’m optimistic.
View attachment 444774
View attachment 444773

A few early struggles with pit temps but back on track after TNJake assisted with a few pointers about vents and temp control. Thanks again Jake!
View attachment 444775

Meat went on at 12:34 MDT.

Now we wait.
Heck yeah.....Super..!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky