First Attempt At Smoked Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tacman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Alaska
Well, I have been playing around in the test area and think I have this figured out now.

Here is my first attempt at a qview as well as my first attempt at smoking chickens in my new Smoke Vault.

I marinated the chickens for about 4 hours and then applied a dry rub.

In the future, I will take "Apply Dry Rub Liberally" with a grain of salt as the salt in the rub was a little overpowering.... but their were no leftovers so I guess the family liked it well enough!

Congrats on winning your first "competition" with your family as the judges. And that my friend is the bottom line.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I followed the link in the test area (i think that is where it was) and then uploaded the photos to photo bucket and then cut and pasted the IMG (?) code.

I see someone else posted another turorial site for uploading photos is a larger format and will check that out as I have a BIG smoke planned for this weekend as we put up fish for the winter.

Congratulations on the Chickens.

You need to re-size your photos in Photobucket to where they are 640X480 and they will show up at a decent size. If you need any help PM Me.

Resized the photo as you suggested. I guess I was kind of confused as I was trying to load avatar and sig pics and they required a much smaller file size and assumed that was across the board for all photos.

Here is a better view of the smoke about an hour before we pulled them.

Good Job... Any time you ever need any help or have any questions just give me a shout.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky