Finally Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CharlotteLovesFood

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 30, 2018
England
So I finally got there and did my first fatty this morning...well two actually...because I'm just greedy and wanted the best of both worlds... but anyway I'm rambling again, yay!! go me!! :D hahaha.

So I took inspiration from a few people on here that I ought to thank...
@GhostPirate for his step by step fattie instructions (life saver I didn't have a clue before seeing your post)
gmc2003 gmc2003 for the bacon weave tutorial (again I wouldn't have known how to do that)
@wade for adding to that on the rolling out the weave and giving me future fattie filling ideas (this time I did use cheese but I can't wait to try your suggestions)
Alex Douglas Alex Douglas for encouraging me to do one, after I made him do one first :rolleyes: Haha!
SonnyE SonnyE for doing beef mini fattie which made me wanna do beef as well as pork (I think I preferred the beef)

Anyway...fattie fun pic time (smoked with oak around 225-250°f for about 3 hours, pulled off at 165°f)

Mixed seasoning with the meat...
IMG_20180530_001025.jpg IMG_20180530_000823.jpg

Sausage Fattie with bacon weave.. 20180529_082031.png 20180529_082107.png 20180529_082130.png 20180529_082241.png 20180529_163740.jpg
20180529_152753.png

Beef Fattie (little bit of sausage meat)...
20180529_081832.png 20180529_081916.png 20180529_082159.png 20180529_163836.jpg 20180529_152837.png 20180529_152723.png

Beef one got spritzed with Apple juice+Coca Cola by my little 'Helping Harriet' (it's half term)...
IMG_20180530_002006.jpg

Finished plate...
Screenshot_20180529-153249.jpg

Thanks for reading
Charlotte :D

:oops: Gorsh!

Absolutely Gorgeous Charlotte!
Beautiful from construction to plating, Kid!

Great you have Helping Harriet in there!
She can learn a lot from you!
(So can I... )

Looks like you brilled it and Bob's your uncle.

I hope I didn't insult you or anything. I was trying to say brilliant - end of story. Anyway great looking fattie and a beautiful weave.

Point for sure.

Chris

:oops: Gorsh!

Absolutely Gorgeous Charlotte!
Beautiful from construction to plating, Kid!

Great you have Helping Harriet in there!
She can learn a lot from you!
(So can I... )
Aww thanks Sonny...haha I'm pretty sure her and my niece (who I was also looking after today) spritzed more on their tongues than on the food...its amazing it turned out moist, but thankfully it did :)

Looks like you brilled it and Bob's your uncle.

I hope I didn't insult you or anything. I was trying to say brilliant - end of story. Anyway great looking fattie and a beautiful weave.

Point for sure.

Chris
Thanks Chris! Hahaha nope not offended at all 'Bobs your uncle' is a phrase I'm more than familiar with :D thanks again and for the point

Great looking food as always. Cooking with kids is fun. How did they like the fatties?

Great looking food as always. Cooking with kids is fun. How did they like the fatties?
Thanks...
Two kids running around the garden and two dogs haha it was eventful to say the least...
Yeah I got their approval. One preferred the sausage and the other preferred the beef. Even one of the dogs jumped up to swipe some of the sausage/bacon meat one haha. I liked both but swayed more towards the beef one as the bacon one felt a little over indulging for me.

Thanks...
Two kids running around the garden and two dogs haha it was eventful to say the least...
Yeah I got their approval. One preferred the sausage and the other preferred the beef. Even one of the dogs jumped up to swipe some of the sausage/bacon meat one haha. I liked both but swayed more towards the beef one as the bacon one felt a little over indulging for me.

Try farming while smoking. My cook this weekend I was gone 85 % of the time. Only coming home to do a quick check.
So I know what you went through

Last edited:
Try farming while smoking. My cook this weekend I was gone 85 % of the time. Only coming home to do a quick check.
So I know what you went through
Hat's off to you...I couldn't do it with my smoker...he's far too needy to wander too far haha

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky