Eye of round

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks Just right!!
Awesome when sliced thin!!
Makes Great French Dip Sammies! Don't forget the Horseradish!!
Like.

Bear
Made for a pretty tasty sandwich today. 3 cold slices on a toasted hamburger bun, with a slice of sharp cheddar, and some horseradish mustard.
864AB01F-35E0-4545-94D1-A740879DA471.jpeg

Reactions: Bearcarver
The best way to make an Eye Round is with Sous Vide.
However if you don't have one, or you want it Smoked, below is my favorite way, and slice it thin for Sammies:
Beef Lunchmeat from Eye Round

Bear
View attachment 443806
Thanks, Bear! I'm going to give that a try. Gonna get me a slicer and start experimenting with making my own lunch meat. Pack a lunch for work every day and it doesn't take long to get sick of the processed stuff at the store. Overcooked, over salted and overpriced. Any reason a guy couldn't just use a bottom round instead of eye?

Any reason a guy couldn't just use a bottom round instead of eye?
Sure , just don't over cook it . I make alot of my own lunch meats . Chicken breast and pork loin are good ones to use too for whole muscle options . Way better than store bought .
Here's a cured pork loin thread . Makes great ham .

Thanks, Bear! I'm going to give that a try. Gonna get me a slicer and start experimenting with making my own lunch meat. Pack a lunch for work every day and it doesn't take long to get sick of the processed stuff at the store. Overcooked, over salted and overpriced. Any reason a guy couldn't just use a bottom round instead of eye?

Yeah, Bottom round can be used as well.
However when I compare the two that I get around here, I have to cut a lot more Fat off of the Bottom Round than I do with the Eye. I like some fat on my Roast Beef, but I don't like fat on my cold Lunch Meat. I think the fat trimming makes the cost between the two pretty close.

Bear

Welcome "FS" !!
What name did you go by "Years Back"?

Bear
I think it was either MdMike or FD1007... can’t remember.

I started with an electric Masterbuilt digital branded under Redhead/Bass Pro.

It was nice but lasted less than 2 years. When I contacted masterbuilt forparts was told it was discontinued and parts were not available. They offerred me a $75 credit but I had over $300 in the model I had and was not spending it again on another masterbuilt.

I replaced it with a cheap $179 charbroil vertical propane, and after a few mods that smoker is still running, but now I want a Stick/charcoal burner.

i am retired and $$ is tight so not looking to drop a lot but the Oaklahoma Joe Highlander offset looks like what I need. I have a few mods in mind so we give it a whirl.

I was always bad about pics but will try and post some as we go.

I think it was either MdMike or FD1007... can’t remember.

I started with an electric Masterbuilt digital branded under Redhead/Bass Pro.

It was nice but lasted less than 2 years. When I contacted masterbuilt forparts was told it was discontinued and parts were not available. They offerred me a $75 credit but I had over $300 in the model I had and was not spending it again on another masterbuilt.

I replaced it with a cheap $179 charbroil vertical propane, and after a few mods that smoker is still running, but now I want a Stick/charcoal burner.

i am retired and $$ is tight so not looking to drop a lot but the Oaklahoma Joe Highlander offset looks like what I need. I have a few mods in mind so we give it a whirl.

I was always bad about pics but will try and post some as we go.

Sounds Good!!
That "MdMike" does sound familiar.
Welcome Back!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky