Duck score

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Whole thread very interesting.

What do I know ??, I just smoke and eat the whole Duck w BBQ sauce.

Very interesting.

Myself, I no parlevoo francais.        Caveman Marc

(Grunts)

Last edited:
Take that terrine to the county fair and win first place BLUE RIBBON....  
first.gif

Looks like enough Horseradish and peppers to keep sinuses clear for a few days.

I do love Horse myself, learned it from old Ukrainian Grandpa Ivan, NEVER ran out of it, almost for every meal.

His two condiments were Horse,  and Sour Cream, (never mixed for him)

I'm curious, that Terrine - What is the ideal traditional serving temperature?

I assume chilled, but how chilled?

Like Cheeses, I like mine best after sitting out covered w a loose cloth for like 2 days till it starts to slightly dehydrate and begins to sweat the fat.

And I'll bet you made the peppers.

Very creative labor of love stuff.     Marc

Last edited:
That's not full strength horseradish. My family can't handle the pure stuff.Is mixed with shredded apple and sour cream. Lovely flavour blend and creamy texture. Is so good you can just spread it on bread.

Those are not peppers but caper berries. Perfect for terrine and other (cooked) charcuterie.

If it's this type of terrine (packed hot with boiled down broth) I recommend taking it out of the fridge just before serving. The jelly will otherwise become runny.

If it's a terrine cooked baigne-marie , has no jelly in it, so it is OK to serve at room temp.

In my opinion most charcuterie is best at room temperature; otherwise flavours are muted, the oils are solidified.

Appreciate the compliments.

Francois Atomic - Thank you for a very communicative full answer.

Again, VERY interesting stuff, way beyond my stuff.  

And, probably you prepared the caper berries?

OMG.                  Marc

Last edited:
As you've seen if you follow the thread most is just old school cookery. If you enjoy the result is worth the time we put in.

When I pair them up like this ...Two months...Or even longer. The skin/fat slows down the process. When hanging singles they are done in two weeks.

When I pair them up like this ...Two months...Or even longer. The skin/fat slows down the process. When hanging singles they are done in two weeks.
Thanks! The recipes I've seen calls for doing it in pairs. Now that I've done the UMAi bag thing, this is added  to the list. Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Pairing them up gives you a softer meat. We like that, but some people can't palate soft uncooked meat.
Just a word of caution....depends on your palate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky