Boneless skinless thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

windycitysmokin

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
Chicago
hey Guys, I’ve searched the forums and seen a variety of responses to the topic at hand. Temps from 225 to 350, times from an hour 15 to 4 hrs. Smoke them in broth, not in broth, etc. I’m just looking to get a light smoke on some B/S thighs for tacos. I don’t want the outside of the meat to get tough from no skin to protect it. I’ve heard that’s caused by cooking too low and I’ve heard it’s caused by cooking too high and fast. Help me out here!

Thanks,

Afraid I can't help you here. I've only tried boneless skinless thighs once. They turned out so bad that Miss Linda actually chose to eat some breast meat rather than the thighs. And she REALLY dislikes breast.
Hopefully somebody will jump in on this one.
Gary

Maybe soaking them in a brine first may help? With cooking at a higher temp. Perhaps this may help keeping them moist?

Last edited:
I do them all the time, but I smoke them in a pan with some chicken broth. I run the smoker at 225.
No brine, sometimes I inject them with Creole butter & or, just a light dusting with Montreal chicken seasoning.
Al

Last edited:
Reactions: fullsmoke
Here is a couple of photos!
full

full

full

They come out really good this way & you can use the pan juice for an AuJus.
Al

Reactions: bdskelly
What Al said. I have stolen, his recipe a number of times and it’s so good I’ve had to lie and tell people that’s it my own! B

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky