Chicken Piccata

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Haven't made it in quite awhile, but it is a family favorite. Here's the rundown, this was for a crowd of 14...
  • 16 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
  • 2 quarts unsalted chicken broth
  • 2 bottles of cheap white wine
  • 2 jars of caper
  • 2 lbs. regular spaghetti noodles
  • 5 cloves of garlic chopped
  • 1 large shallot chopped
  • Zest and juice of 3 lemons
  • All purpose flour
  • Coarse salt and pepper
  • Olive oil and unsalted butter
  • Corn starch
The thighs are pounded flat, seasoned with the salt & pepper, dredged in the flour, and fried in some olive oil with a couple TBSP of the butter. When frying this much, butter will need to be added along the way...
20231210_131034[1].jpg

Slow fry on medium until browned on both sides...
20231210_133153[1].jpg

20231210_144049[1].jpg

Meanwhile, I have the chicken broth and wine reducing. Added the garlic, shallots, lemon zest, and capers. I used the crock pot because of the limited stove space...
20231210_131042[1].jpg

20231210_144359[1].jpg

Once it has reduced by about half, I squeezed in the juice from the lemons and continued to reduce. Sauce was then thickened with a corn starch slurry. It is supposed to be thin, but I wanted it to somewhat stick to the pasta.

Made a Caesar salad...
20231210_145249[1].jpg

Everything is ready, time to eat...
20231210_150815[1].jpg

Looks great Charles. I'd be down for a plate of that.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Wow that looks good! nice fry on the thighs! Those would be perfect for the snow day we are having at the moment!

Haven't made it in quite awhile, but it is a family favorite. Here's the rundown, this was for a crowd of 14...
  • 16 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
  • 2 quarts unsalted chicken broth
  • 2 bottles of cheap white wine
  • 2 jars of caper
  • 2 lbs. regular spaghetti noodles
  • 5 cloves of garlic chopped
  • 1 large shallot chopped
  • Zest and juice of 3 lemons
  • All purpose flour
  • Coarse salt and pepper
  • Olive oil and unsalted butter
  • Corn starch
The thighs are pounded flat, seasoned with the salt & pepper, dredged in the flour, and fried in some olive oil with a couple TBSP of the butter. When frying this much, butter will need to be added along the way...
View attachment 683110
Slow fry on medium until browned on both sides...
View attachment 683111
View attachment 683112

Meanwhile, I have the chicken broth and wine reducing. Added the garlic, shallots, lemon zest, and capers. I used the crock pot because of the limited stove space...
View attachment 683114
View attachment 683118
Once it has reduced by about half, I squeezed in the juice from the lemons and continued to reduce. Sauce was then thickened with a corn starch slurry. It is supposed to be thin, but I wanted it to somewhat stick to the pasta.

Made a Caesar salad...
View attachment 683116

Everything is ready, time to eat...
View attachment 683117
Very nice, wife made this yesterday for us, although I think she drank the wine instead of cooking with it...lol

Looks great Charles. I'd be down for a plate of that.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you, Chris and you'd be welcome to a plate at my table anytime...
Oh man that plate is gorgeous!

Jim
Thanks Jim, appreciate that...
Beautiful meal Charles! I can see why it's a family favorite
Yes Jeff, it is a family favorite. A little time consuming when cooking for the zoo, but well worth the effort. Thank you for your kind words...
Wow that looks good! nice fry on the thighs! Those would be perfect for the snow day we are having at the moment!
Snow would shut us down completely, we do not know how to behave when it snows here...🤣 Thank you for the compliments and enjoy the snow...🌨⛄😁
I love chicken piccata. One of those meals I think is just as good the next day. Yours looks great! Nice work
It really is good leftover. Problem is there wasn't any...🤣
Very nice, wife made this yesterday for us, although I think she drank the wine instead of cooking with it...lol
🤣😂 Wine is for cooking, bourbon and beer is for drinking...🤣
As much as I'm not a chicken guy, I could go to town on that! Nice!
Thank you...
Looks great! I love that dish....
It was good, thanks...

Looks great, had some at a restaurant recently and while it was good it was missing some zing, folks that have never had it are missing out on a great meal. Yours is better than mine because the wife prefers breast meat, I'm a thigh guy lol

WOW Charles , nothing else to say but , expect a knock on your door, I'm on my way with my fork in hand.

David

Looks great, had some at a restaurant recently and while it was good it was missing some zing, folks that have never had it are missing out on a great meal. Yours is better than mine because the wife prefers breast meat, I'm a thigh guy lol

Looks delicious Charles! I haven't done that in awhile either.

Dang that sounds awesome never had it before for sure something else added to the bucket list.

Warren
Thank you all so much for your kind words...

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow Charles... I missed this! NUMMY!

Ryan
I did as well, the only thing I like better than chicken piccata is real veal piccata. Because veal is stupid expensive these days, most places use beef tenderloin pounded out, and call it veal.

That meal looks absolutely amazing, I need to make it soon.
Dan

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky