Chicken thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
Had the day off so went to the Restaurant Depot for some chicken. Came home and fired Big Jake up.
IMG_5632.jpeg
Cooking 40 pounds of boneless chicken thighs, a few potatoes and a couple pans of zucchini in the warmer.
IMG_5646.jpeg
Going to give some to the elderly at church on fixed income, those that are having tough times getting ends met up and a couple sick with Cancer. I should have added the top rack and cooked more zucchini and beans. The beans were and after thought. My wife’s back went out as we were scrubbing taters. One our grandsons came over and did her in. He is just shy of 2 yes old.
IMG_5647.jpeg

IMG_5651.jpeg

Chicken is coming along nice and is Almost done. Taters are still harder then a wedding xxxx.

One to go box packed minus taters.
IMG_5655.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5644.jpeg
    IMG_5644.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5656.jpeg
    IMG_5656.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I totally misread the pounds on the chicken.....I thought you said 4 pounds!! I was like dang....thats a lot of chicken for 4 pounds. :emoji_astonished::emoji_blush:
Looking good! Hope the wifes back gets better!

Jim

Reactions: flatbroke
I totally misread the pounds on the chicken.....I thought you said 4 pounds!! I was like dang....thats a lot of chicken for 4 pounds. :emoji_astonished::emoji_blush:
Looking good! Hope the wifes back gets better!

Jim
Thanks

Reactions: JLeonard
I haven't seen Big Jake in a while. Great you are still cooking and even greater for the cause. Hope the wife gets back on her feet quickly.

Had the day off so went to the Restaurant Depot for some chicken. Came home and fired Big Jake up. View attachment 680749Cooking 40 pounds of boneless chicken thighs, a few potatoes and a couple pans of zucchini in the warmer.View attachment 680753 Going to give some to the elderly at church on fixed income, those that are having tough times getting ends met up and a couple sick with Cancer. I should have added the top rack and cooked more zucchini and beans. The beans were and after thought. My wife’s back went out as we were scrubbing taters. One our grandsons came over and did her in. He is just shy of 2 yes old.
View attachment 680751
View attachment 680752
Chicken is coming along nice and is Almost done. Taters are still harder then a wedding xxxx.

One to go box packed minus taters. View attachment 680758
Bless you for helping!

I haven't seen Big Jake in a while. Great you are still cooking and even greater for the cause. Hope the wife gets back on her feet quickly.
Thanks. I appreciate it. We just got back from a round of deliveries. I must admit it’s great!

Fantastic, nice to hear you are at it again. They will be so pleased with your kind heart.
Sorry about your wife's back.

Good looking grub for sure, and putting smiles on the face of others.

David
Thank you. I really enjoyed it.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Bless you for helping!
Thank you. I definitely benefited the most from sharing. The people we saw were so genuinely appreciative. It was a blessing

Great looking cook!! I bet everyone was so happy to get a meal like that!! AwesomeJob!! Big Jake looks Amazing, what smoker is that?

Great looking cook!! I bet everyone was so happy to get a meal like that!! AwesomeJob!! Big Jake looks Amazing, what smoker is that?
Thanks. It’s a Lang 108

Reactions: Redicans
Nice work, everything looks delicious and I’m sure will be well received. Awesome.
Thanks. It came out great and the smiles were priceless . Was a great weekend. Wife and I worked a food bank yesterday afternoon and distributed a bunch of food.

Thanks. It came out great and the smiles were priceless . Was a great weekend. Wife and I worked a food bank yesterday afternoon and distributed a bunch of food.
Nice my wife helped feed about 500 veterinarians yesterday, was just a blessing to her. The world needs more of this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky