Beans with pickled peppers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
So it was supposed to be in the 50s with no rain or wind yesterday so I decided to uncover the offset. Planning ribs meant I needed baked beans, but when I was getting it together I realized I didn't get bell peppers at the store Thursday and I really didn't want to go out and waste gloves and a mask just for peppers. Drat!
Oh wait..
IMG_3152.JPG
Why not use the hot and sweet pepper rings from last year? So be it...
IMG_3262.jpg
So much for the forecast. Just as I was dumping the charcoal into the box to start the wood it started sprinkling. Oh well, I've smoked in the rain before.
It only rained lightly for about an hour. You can't tell from the pic but we're running 260 with barely visible smoke.
IMG_3261.jpg
The ribs went in at noon and the beans around 2:30. Every thing was done by 5:30.
IMG_3267.jpg
No I didn't forget about the ribs.
IMG_3268.jpg IMG_3269.jpg IMG_3272.jpg
The verdict on the pickled peppers is that I'll do it again. Just enough heat to make it interesting but not too much (there wasn't anything else hot in the mix).
IMG_3270.jpg
Thanks for looking and cook on :-)
Dan

That's a fine looking cook Dan, Like! Almost kind of inspires me to want to smoke something on my offset but there's some leftovers I have to go thru first. No real rush to do anything. It's in the 80's here and gorgeous, I'm retired and don't have to do anything, and I'm sure not going anywhere. RAY

Reactions: SmokyMose
Nice cook . I always put pickled jalapenos in my beans . That plated pic looks fantastic .

That's a fine looking cook Dan, Like! Almost kind of inspires me to want to smoke something on my offset but there's some leftovers I have to go thru first. No real rush to do anything. It's in the 80's here and gorgeous, I'm retired and don't have to do anything, and I'm sure not going anywhere. RAY
Thank you. Totally understand the leftover thing. With just the two of us we rarely finish what was made. Every 3 or 4 days I'll just empty the fridge onto the counter and we have a buffet night....

Nice cook . I always put pickled jalapenos in my beans . That plated pic looks fantastic .
Thank you!
I was so excited to find something to use my peppers for that I mentioned potato salad.
I was informed to not even think about it....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky