B for D

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Last night we had B for D (breakfast for dinner) we do this occasionally so I thought i would share what we had. Not a lot of pictures but you'll get the point. This is a good hearty meal for any time of day!

I started out with some sliced smoked sausage,diced potatoes and diced red bell pepper and white onion. Put them in the cast iron to cook them and brown them up with a little butter.
0114202026.jpg

Next step fry a couple eggs over easy and sprinkle a little rub on top.
0114202144.jpg

Put the sausage and potato on a plate and then just a little drizzle of some homemade maple syrup. My uncle makes this at his home in Michigan and was nice enough to send me a jar for christmas this year. Its really good stuff. A little bit goes a long way.
0114202151_HDR.jpg
0114202127.jpg

Then last top with the eggs and enjoy. Was a great breakfast for dinner!
0114202155.jpg

Travis Looks like your ready to compete with Bobby Flay he puts an egg on almost everything he makes Just kidding you nice job.That is always on our menu here less the egg. Likes
Richie

Travis Looks like your ready to compete with Bobby Flay he puts an egg on almost everything he makes Just kidding you nice job.That is always on our menu here less the egg. Likes
Richie
Thanks for the like Richie! Dont think I would fair too well against Bobby Flay! Lol. I do like to top things with eggs though!

Looks delicious, hardy and filling.

I like runny yolks on meals like this, so they break open over everything else.

Like!

Taters, peppers, onions, and eggs go together so well any time of day, Like. The maple syrup is a very nice touch also! RAY

Looks delicious, hardy and filling.

I like runny yolks on meals like this, so they break open over everything else.

Like!
Thanks xray! I agree on the runny yolk. I also like them on top of cabbage and bacon!

Taters, peppers, onions, and eggs go together so well any time of day, Like. The maple syrup is a very nice touch also! RAY
Thanks Ray ! This maple syrup is really good. Real strong maple flavor so just a little bit was enough.

Looks great! We do BFD all the time. No way I'd put syrup on mine however. I plate pancakes/waffles separately for this reason. No touching! :emoji_laughing: Ketchup is acceptable but not typical for me. Wife goes nuts with it tho.

Looks great! We do BFD all the time. No way I'd put syrup on mine however. I plate pancakes/waffles separately for this reason. No touching! :emoji_laughing: Ketchup is acceptable but not typical for me. Wife goes nuts with it tho.
Thanks! I like the little hint of sweet . if i would have made this with some maple breakfast links I wouldn't have used any syrup. If I didnt want any sweet I think Ketchup would work in a pinch but a little Frank's or Tabasco would be a nice addition!

I love breakfast for dinner! I think last month I craved and did that an entire week. Yours looks fantastic!!

Looks real good. I like the flavor of Maple syrup and Texas Pete. The Sweet, Sour and Heat, makes BFD come alive. We do something similar or Sausage, Pancakes and Eggs, a couple of times a month...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky