Zapp's Potato Chips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I remember the first time I had Utz. They didn't have them here at the time. Was in Ohio visiting in-laws and picked up a bag because I had heard of them. Don't castigate me - but I didn't see what the big deal was. Tasted like a generic Ruffles. They are everywhere here now.

Zapps on the other hand are really good. I like the plain kettle salted ones with dip. I can't do the pickle flavored stuff in any brand. Blech. I would break my diet if I found some of those Creole Tomato ones without a second thought.

Reactions: JLeonard
I've only had two flavors, Voodoo and Jalapeno, and Voodoo seems to be the only one on the shelves around here anymore.

I like Zapps.
The Crawtators is my favorite.

Best thing about the Zapps are is my wife doesn't like them, so I get more for me.
But I have to buy her her Cape Cod , Sweet and Spicy Jalapeno.
what is crawtator flavour? I imagine a crawfish back flavor? I wonder what they use to get the flavour if it used any crawfish parts in the process?

• Haha
what is crawtator flavour? I imagine a crawfish back flavor? I wonder what they use to get the flavour if it used any crawfish parts in the process?

They just let them run around on top of the chips at the end of the line, before being bagged. No Crawfish are injured in this process.

Bear

They just let them run around on top of the chips at the end of the line, before being bagged. No Crawfish are injured in this process.

Bear
yeah I just looked it up, just chemical flavoring. So If I stumble across a bag I can now at least try them without an epiepen.

One of Ron Zappe's earliest experiments, they're the company's most successful flavor by far. Imagine the flavor of a full-on crawfish boil— the hit of tangy hot sauce, the aroma of seasoned salt boiling away in a pot, the kick of cayenne pepper—and pack it all into a single, crunchy, bite-sized chip. They're also availabe in Louisiana State University-branded packaging, sold as LSU TigerTators.

One of Ron Zappe's earliest experiments, they're the company's most successful flavor by far. Imagine the flavor of a full-on crawfish boil— the hit of tangy hot sauce, the aroma of seasoned salt boiling away in a pot, the kick of cayenne pepper—and pack it all into a single, crunchy, bite-sized chip. They're also availabe in Louisiana State University-branded packaging, sold as LSU TigerTators.
Never been to a crawfish boil so the smell is foreign to me. I think I have seen crawfish once on the menu in my lifetime.

Zapps are really good.

i used to like Krunchers Jalepeno chips, but haven't seen the in a while.

Utz makes good stuff as well.

Now I'm hungry

Zapps are really good.

i used to like Krunchers Jalepeno chips, but haven't seen the in a while.

Utz makes good stuff as well.

Now I'm hungry

Since I got in harder on my diet, I started getting Utz BBQ Chips 60 bags in a carton. Each bag is only 1 ounce of chips, so when I do eat a bag, I can't just keep eating, like I used to.
They're about $13 for a box of 60 bags from Wally's.
They last me 3 or 4 months.

Bear

Zapps has so many ridiculously good flavors. I loved Voodoo for sure. Our TSC carries them.

Oh man, you need to go to a real crawfish boil at least once in your life.
Thinking from his earlier reply about the Epi pen the poor fella may have a shellfish allergy. Bless his heart!
Jim
Yes, I do, first and only one was at 47 years old after I made some shrimp scampi for myself. Thought I was just having an regular allergy attack until I started itching everywhere. I drove past 2 ER's not knowing and finally hit a walk in clinic. They were all over me, called an ambulance and the dr jumped into the ambulance and rode with me to the ER. He said that had I not popped a couple of benedryls at the beginning (thought it was the cats fur) that they would have found me on the side of the road into a tree. Sooo....no shrinp, crab, lobster, crayfish or anything else with an exoskeleton. Also have to watch any fried foods in restaurants and like 99% of the Chinese restaurants as they just rinse the woks and don't actually wash them.

Holy cow clifish clifish sounds like a serious allergy. I have a daughter that is allergic to peanut butter as well as shellfish. She has always said that if she is ever on deathrow her final meal will be lobster and reeses peanut butter cups.
Jim

Holy cow clifish clifish sounds like a serious allergy. I have a daughter that is allergic to peanut butter as well as shellfish. She has always said that if she is ever on deathrow her final meal will be lobster and reeses peanut butter cups.
Jim
That sucks, I think a peanut allergy is worse as it is hidden in some many foods. At least I don't have gout, they say no read meat or alcohol???? I would not survive.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky