your orgin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Portuguese and Irish...Great great great great great nephew of Aaron Burr...yeah...I know, heard it all through college!!
th_crybaby2.gif

Last edited:
2nd generation here, Dads parents came from Norway, and Moms came from Ireland and Germany. Grandma's farm in Ireland is still in the family.

Chris

11th Generation American going back to the 1620s in my surname line. Ancestry is English, Scots, Irish, French, Dutch and German (that I know about). Have traced surname roots back to 11th Century in what is now Yorkshire. Left England from Towcester, Northumberlandshire, before the Black Death and the Great Fire of London. There is probably some viking blood in there, but it's pretty well diluted now.

Last edited:
On Mom's side, I'm 3rd gen. originally from Germany and Scotch-Irish. On Dad's side my hubby likes to joke and say that we came over on the Juneflower instead of the Mayflower since we can trace our heritage back to the early 1600's in Savannah, Ga. Hey, wasn't that a prison colony back then
icon_wink.gif
 LOL!!

Traced back to the Croatan Indians of North Carolina I used the free site Family Search would suggest it if you haven't done your family tree.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky