You won’t believe what I got for $25

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just saw this thread Al. I had some good fortune on KitchenAid mixers recently too. Stumbled across two brand new in the box nearby on Facebook market place. One Artisan 5 quart and one Professional 5 quart bowl lift model. Made an offer of $300 cash for the pair. Flipped the Pro model the next day for $250 and kept the Artisan for $50. Very happy.

View attachment 647159

Yep, I was looking on our neighborhood site & there was this for $25. I immediately texted them that I will buy it & mark it sold. They even brought it to our house. I plugged it in & it was making some noises, so I know what to do. Did this a few times with our other KA. You just take it apart, clean all the old grease out, and check all the gears for any chips or missing teeth. Then simply add a generous amount of grease to all the gears & put it back together. It’a a bit messy, but I found rubber gloves, a popsicle stick , & a bunch of paper towels make it pretty easy. I ran it for a few minutes on low to get the new grease worked in. It runs like new, quiet, and smooth. So of course I had to make something with it. Yes, cinnamon buns!!

View attachment 647160

Have a great day folks!!
Al
That’s a damn steal, Xmas came early.

View attachment 647159

Yep, I was looking on our neighborhood site & there was this for $25. I immediately texted them that I will buy it & mark it sold. They even brought it to our house. I plugged it in & it was making some noises, so I know what to do. Did this a few times with our other KA. You just take it apart, clean all the old grease out, and check all the gears for any chips or missing teeth. Then simply add a generous amount of grease to all the gears & put it back together. It’a a bit messy, but I found rubber gloves, a popsicle stick , & a bunch of paper towels make it pretty easy. I ran it for a few minutes on low to get the new grease worked in. It runs like new, quiet, and smooth. So of course I had to make something with it. Yes, cinnamon buns!!

View attachment 647160

Have a great day folks!!
Al

DUDE! Talk about SCORE!

The ONLY Ebay auction I ever won was my KA mixer about 15 years ago...they were going for $200+ and I got it for $89 new (I'm quite sure it was hotter than ~~~~!).

Still going strong!

We're you nervous hearing sirens after that?.......nice steal lol

Thanks Colin!
Al

Thanks Adam, this time was easy, because I have done it before. But just like everything else I learned how to do it on a YouTube video. The most important thing is to use real tacky grease. A lot of videos said to use food grade grease, but there is no way that the grease can get to the food. So I used “Red & tacky”. Did our other one about 4 years ago & it works fine. Easy way to tell if the grease is breaking down is to slide the ring off (flat head screwdriver) that is just above the paddle. If there is oil in there then it’s time to change the grease. They say it should be done every 5 years or so. Our old one went 25 years, until I changed it. And it does make a big difference in the way it runs!
Al

Thanks fellas! YouTube education here!
Al
Thanks Al for the tip on red and tacky grease, just returned the food grade one I bought for $11 for a small container. My mixer is from the 60's and I doubt she ever changed the grease.

Looking into the pasta attachment or maybe the stand alone like chopsaw chopsaw and tx smoker tx smoker has???

View attachment 647159

View attachment 647160

Have a great day folks!!
Al
great steal!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky