You guys said.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

halleoneagain

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 20, 2022
Eastern Washington
That the Vortex was amazing, and know what? You were right. That thing is a beast! I used it last night for hot wings (again) and they were fabulous. No pics, it was pretty doggone dark out there, just take my word for it. I pretty much used sawhorseray sawhorseray 's directions, which worked out really well. Too bad it's basically winter now, I'll not be able to use too often.

Good to hear. You'll soon discover many other things you can cook with the Vortex.

Chris

Hey Lynn, thanks for the shout-out and I'm happy you like it! I use the Vortex in a number of different cooks beside legs, wings, and thighs. I like to smoke a thick steak until it hits an IT of around 115º and then flop right over the Vortex coals to sear for 45 seconds a side, like 'em rare. Last week I used the Vortex to double smoke a ham, great smoke flavor, still nice and juicy
DSCN4183.JPG

When you stop and think about all possibilities the Vortex really becomes one of the most versatile tools in the box. RAY

My Ray, that is one very fine-looking ham! It's been more years than I can remember since I've had a picnic type ham, I might just have to try one. And if I do, I'll bug you to give me the directions on how to do it right.
Lynn

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky