Yoder question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thesmayway

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 13, 2011
Lancaster PA
I have a MES30 and use an AMNPS which has been working well for me. But like many i'm looking for the next smoker. I stumbled across Yoder pellet smokers when i was looking for a rib recipe and the guy on youtube got a really nice smoke ring on his ribs. I know it doesn't matter... but how is a Yoder making a smoke ring as an electric smoker when something like an MES is not? Do the chips burn instead of smolder producing more of a flame? Anyone have any personal experience with the YS480 they'd like to share?

A Yoder burns the pellets for the heat it does Not have a electric element for heat like your MES does

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky