Yoder Cheyenne Diffuser Plate

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

metalman1976

Original poster
Mar 26, 2016
San Jose, CA
I've been playing with my Yoder with the diffuser plate in since I got it. I smoked up a 8 lb bone in Boston butt to make some shredded pork couple weeks ago and with the diffuser in it seems to take a larger fire and more fuel overall. Smoked a tri tip last nite without the diffuser and used very little fuel compared to before, I'm currently smoking a 10 lb boneless Boston butt today and keeping a constant 235f in the smoker with half the fuel I've needed in the past. Has anyone else noticed this using the diffuser plate??? The way it's designed it seems to block almost half of the top inlet from the fire box to the smoke box restricting heat into the smoke box.

Also I've looked around and can't seem to find a Yoder group?

4 1/2 hrs in, getting ready to rotate it so the left side gets some heat and more smoke, the drip pan underneath is causing an up draft so the right side of the butt is getting more heat and smoke, leaving the drip pan out next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky