Yet another newbie to the group....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve C.

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 28, 2021
Rotonda West, Florida
Not a newbie to smoking but no master either. Married - no kids - one critter (cat). Born and raised in NW PA (Meadville) and then lived in the Mid-Hudson Valley of NY (Poughkeepsie - of "The French Connection" fame ;) ) Far enough from the "City" that it was nice though! ;) Expensive as all get out and we got to the point where the winters just really ticked us off so we beat feet. Now we live in SW Florida, about 1/2 way between Fort Myers and Sarasota. Retired Software Engineer of 38 years. Current cooker: Large WSM but it's pretty old and long in the tooth. Thinking about a ceramic but will post a separate thread on that.

Welcome . Nice area . Spent a week in Fort Meyers on vacation several years ago . Place called gullwing I think . Look around . Lots of info here.

Reactions: Steve C.
If there's anyone around from the old BBQ Usenet group of years past.... I was a member there for a LOT of years. Sadly, usenet (Newsgroups) died. :(

How long does the "post approval" phase last?

Welcome from Ohio. You will find plenty of good advice here on type of smoker and smoking. This place is a wealth of knowledge.

Welcome from Kansas City. This is a great place to be. Seems to be more than a few of us retired folk here. I think you're going to like it.

Welcome from central Missouri.

We vacation in Clearwater Beach and Naples...love the water, beaches, seafood, and being warm!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky