Yet another meat lovers deep dish crustless pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
First, totally inspired be jcam222 jcam222 . Slightly different and definitely smaller.

So, I haven't had real pizza in a very long time. Wife will not eat the crust, so we have cauliflower crust pizza, if it can really be called pizza. The only similarities in my book is you drink beer with both of them.

Changes I made:. 10" ci, and I only needed 2 lbs of sausage. Used mama Lil's peppers, and cut the bacon big so it had similar size profile to the pepperoni. Because of the size of the pan, I only needed 2 layers. I was all set to add third layer, and thought, more peppers, more cheese would take up all the remaining space.

Because of it's size, it will not need 2 hrs, probably 1.25, we will see I will pull at meat loaf internal.

A few pics
PXL_20230126_020047677.jpg PXL_20230126_020513174.jpg PXL_20230126_020713307.jpg PXL_20230126_021735146.jpg

It's not in the oven yet, will show when done with a cut shot.

First, totally inspired be jcam222 jcam222 . Slightly different and definitely smaller.

So, I haven't had real pizza in a very long time. Wife will not eat the crust, so we have cauliflower crust pizza, if it can really be called pizza. The only similarities in my book is you drink beer with both of them.

Changes I made:. 10" ci, and I only needed 2 lbs of sausage. Used mama Lil's peppers, and cut the bacon big so it had similar size profile to the pepperoni. Because of the size of the pan, I only needed 2 layers. I was all set to add third layer, and thought, more peppers, more cheese would take up all the remaining space.

Because of it's size, it will not need 2 hrs, probably 1.25, we will see I will pull at meat loaf internal.

A few pics
View attachment 655840View attachment 655841View attachment 655842View attachment 655843

It's not in the oven yet, will show when done with a cut shot.
Looking good!! What are mamas little peppers?

Just finished cleanup, absolutely delicious. The flavor was outrageous and all I wished was more cheese in the layer will do again.

Reactions: jcam222
Just finished cleanup, absolutely delicious. The flavor was outrageous and all I wished was more cheese in the layer will do again.
I know some of the cheese is lost in the grease. Next time I will top with extra cheese towards the end. Glad it tasted great!

Reactions: Nefarious
I know some of the cheese is lost in the grease. Next time I will top with extra cheese towards the end. Glad it tasted great!
Next time I make this i'm going to make the bottom sausage layer come up the sides of the ci and fuse it with the top layer so less of the middle layer cheese falls out, maybe.

Reactions: jcam222
Looks good to me, definitely going to have to try one of these when the weekends slow up a little for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky