Year of the PIG

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
From a newletter I get...
Year of the Pig
The year of the pig has begun. The pig, twelfth sign of the Chinese Zodiac (fun loving pig came in last in the river race that determined the assignment of years), symbolizes fortune, fertility and happiness. And, truly, it is hard not to feel fortunate and happy when pork crepinettes are browning in your pan!
At the Fatted Calf we work with many great heritage breeds of hogs (all pasture raised!) and as the new year is upon us we would like to take a moment to celebrate the amazing animals that provide us with bacon, ham, sausage and so much more. The Berkshire is a constant presence in our kitchen and a mighty pig it is. Its dark flesh and creamy fat are perfectly suited to slowly cooked delights such as our pork confit. The Tamworth is our top pick for sausage making with its mellow flavor and near perfect meat to fat ratio. The Duroc is a tender hog with exquisite loins that make for delightful smoked pork chops. The famous Red Wattle is meaty and flavorful, producing streaky bacon and proper hams. We appreciate all of the pigs that we have the honor of preparing in our kitchen with their many unique qualities and we know you will too.

Pig Humor.........
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
All Hail The Pig!!
9046194a_vbattach11743.jpg

WOW with all those choices, dinner around your place must involve dial a pig. He!! and I have problems just finding properly marbled pork. All hail the pig.

Tim

Well OKAY!! I'm in this year!
icon_lol.gif

This Pig ain't hot... he's Smokin'

Keep Smokin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky