yard bird with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Upstate new york
Well the wife brought me home some half birds
icon_razz.gif
  so out the door i went to get the smoker fired up.

getting the pit fired up

6b55a6ed_001.jpg

chicken coming out of its nice bath of marinade soaked overnight.

0e19fb3a_002.jpg

76128c37_003.jpg

getting ready for my rub but first a light coat of cooking oil helps to crisp and brown the skin.
d98b5e62_005.jpg

all rubbed up and ready for the smoker.

09fddd93_006.jpg

on the smoker it goes and time for a cold beer.
05dbfee5_007.jpg

here is a look 1 1/2 hours into  cook.. mmmmmmmmmm looking good
93b68790_008.jpg

ok breast hit right around 168 so time to pull them off and let rest for a few in the cooler. this will be a good time for another beer
1363a327_010.jpg

the chicken was great and the wife loved it to so that was a plus. I am such a big fan of brine and marinade its like night and day.

thanks for looking.

What was the time and temp that you cooked them? Also, how did the skin turn out?
When i do chicken i smoke a bit hotter right around 250-270 this will help to crisp the skin also. i smoked them about 3 hours i cook more to temp so don't really keep track off time i pulled these off the smoker when they hit 168 degrees.  the skin turned out great it was not as crisp like i get most the time but it was real tasty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky