yard bird legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
250 to 275 at the grate level is where i like to keep it. I use a spritz of apple juice and apple cider vinager. Combination of temp and the spritz gives me nice skin. Good luck and post up some pics!

Thanks. I've never done ANY chicken before...
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

I did put them in the Slaughter House brine...got some of the McCormick "perfect pinch" spices ( rotisserie chicken, and cajun).

I'll see what i can do as far as the pics. Gotta find my camera.

Well, the chicken came out looking great (I'll try and post pics tomorrow). I was told they were really good, but didn't get to try it. I got a call from babie's momma that our 2 year old daughter had fallen out of a window and was going to the emergency room. I thought I was going to have a heart attack! She fell about 3 or 4 feet to the ground. Dr's were great, thurough x-rays, and did some CT scans of her head. Had to get 2 staples in the back of her head where it was cut by the glass. Thankfully she made out great, that was the only cut she got. She did have a few scratches here and there, and has a bruise on her back. Lucky little bugger, thats for sure. I took the day off to keep an eye on her. I do have the left over legs in the fridge...i think they'll make a good lunch with some Mac-n-cheese or "macker" as she calls it. What would be the best way to re-heat that without it drying out?

Thanks,
CKH

I put my bird parts on the lowest rack, and run the big block at 375°.

Ya can warm em up in the oven, there ok that way er the micorwave, yer gonna have some rubbery skin but there still tastey. Oven will keep the skin a bit better but there not gonna be quite as good as off the smoker, but very edible.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky