Yankee Bbq-Double Smoked Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
Here we have it. Something I had to try thanks to Bear. My smoker, a 22” Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM). A full bag of Royal Oak briquettes and a few apple wood chunks. Smoker temperature: 240-245. Keep the ham on the smoker until IT was 105 degrees. This turned out excellent.
3397737D-DEC1-4BB9-8175-4362C8ECA2B1.jpeg
22FE46C9-EF3C-40EE-9B34-BA48B411AD98.jpeg
E6F06260-9D1F-4E6F-86CD-A808EB9749EF.jpeg
82729558-0D70-4BB6-9E16-73191424C0F2.jpeg

Nice . I've done this twice using Bears guide . Some of the best ham ever . Try heating some slices in BBQ sauce and put on a bun .
Nice work , thanks for posting .

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Nice . I've done this twice using Bears guide . Some of the best ham ever . Try heating some slices in BBQ sauce and put on a bun .
Nice work , thanks for posting .
Thank you sir! I appreciate ya! We have plenty of leftovers, so I’ll be trying it!

That's one beautiful looking ham! Like your rack you made holding the fat pieces above it. Big like

Ryan

Most excellent job on that ham Justin. I like the rebar hangers, and congrats on the carousal ride.

Point for sure
Chris

That's one beautiful looking ham! Like your rack you made holding the fat pieces above it. Big like

Ryan
Thank you Ryan! I appreciate it!
Most excellent job on that ham Justin. I like the rebar hangers, and congrats on the carousal ride.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris! It was a great smoke!
Nice job on that ham, and the rebar fabrication, both look great Like! RAY
Thank you Ray!
Looks good likes
Richie
Thank you Richie!
The rebar hanger I made came out to be multi purpose usage. From hanging ribs, chicken and holding a drippin’ pan!

Looks Awesome, Justin!!
And I know how Great it tastes!
Nice rebar usage too----Those Fat drippings really help!!
Any pics of some sliced?
Like.

Bear

I see some pretty dang tasty sammiches in your future!!!

nice work, like the elevated rack!

Nice job great looking ham. For sure that Bear has some great ideas.

Warren
Thank you Warren! Bear is a great guy!
Looks Awesome, Justin!!
And I know how Great it tastes!
Nice rebar usage too----Those Fat drippings really help!!
Any pics of some sliced?
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! Pictures coming right up!
Seconded on the need for sliced pics, this looks absolutely fantastic!
Thanks bud!
I see some pretty dang tasty sammiches in your future!!!

nice work, like the elevated rack!
And thank you!
499334E1-0613-48D6-968E-B78234DB6D9E.jpeg
A858ED27-BBF8-4E66-8FDC-DED5AD8BCE10.jpeg
1A28375A-04BC-4430-9676-1D95242102FE.jpeg

That is some fine looking ham and a killer sandwich. I have done Bear's method twice and really like it. I can see some ham in the near future. Like

Reactions: yankee2bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky