XTREME Surf & Turf!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So the kids finished up a successful year at the university, my daughters first year of teaching as a grad and the boy as his first year so we decided to do something special!

This is the meal we finished on after and XTREME day of play.........

first the view from the kitchen.....
C8A74EB6-E8C4-4525-992B-D7F93C6266B2.jpeg

Next a couple of aged prime NY’s from the local market with some fresh herbs & butter.....
67508D0D-B0BE-4469-8646-46C1614612EE.jpeg

Next the crab boil & sweet ears!!!!
C88C3A0C-9902-47EE-9007-960A9E085432.jpeg

When the boil put was about 8 mins from done the salt & peppered NYs went into a searing hot CI
55725688-1E66-467D-A350-E2B055ACCCFA.jpeg

These baby’s had so much marbeling they self oiled the pan.......Just magical!!!

Just at the right moment the butter and fresh herbs were dropped to finished them off to perfection!
5E12B8AC-AB9A-4776-843C-ECF2B60A8A31.jpeg

pulled the crab and earns as the NYs rested.....
E9657A08-5312-49D7-8A77-0369967BDF6D.jpeg

5A72347A-1EC6-43DF-8439-48F1748E5A1C.jpeg
4DAFBF07-44C1-4656-87DF-9198CC9CFAEB.jpeg

and finally the money plate!!!!!
6EA5BF73-15E6-414D-8A88-DEC9B0705C61.jpeg

holy crap the NYs were pure butter!
7F0BBBF1-B935-4C3C-9037-A3676C64C98B.jpeg

So you may ask what was so XTREME.......
So this was earlier in the morning.......here we are going up hells gate in Moab Ut!
D4D3292A-86EB-4FCC-9EC1-618FAA036D34.jpeg

you know you are doing it right when what you are doing is what the audience is watching! We did the full XTREME hell’s revenge section but I didn’t take pics of most the obstacles because the others were even more technical so I didn’t want my hands “free” in case we rolled.......just look at some YT vids.....this tour guild takes you on all of them!

Oh a moment for some peaceful reflection.......this is our scenic “ride”!!!
864BF22B-15D4-4BBC-905B-A03E272833B8.jpeg

here is the very sought after money shot that finds its way onto postcards......
6394F580-F337-46FA-BF87-157EDC3DAC8D.jpeg

PS I actually helped design the local landfill cell cover cap some 25 years ago.....travel magazine did a story back then calling it the most scenic landfill in the world......

Last edited:
WOW! That meal looks awesome and perfectly cooked. That scenery is breathtaking! Great work all around.

Beautiful pics and a beautiful looking meal! It all looks awesome!

Ryan

Wow , beautiful view and great finish of your day
Thanks "A"! We were trying for something they wouldn't forget so we had to have the meal match the day!

That meal looks excellant, but I got to say that tour ride holy cr#@!
Thank Jim! The day before we had a sustained 30-40 mph winds with 70 mph gusts so we were really happy to have a nice day and meal for sure! Yes you can say holy cr#$#$# on the ride....better than Disney World for sure!

WOW! That meal looks awesome and perfectly cooked. That scenery is breathtaking! Great work all around.
Thanks MJB! I just love cooking out doors for some reason......It just has a thing that brings a smile!

Great story & what a perfect way to end the day with that fantastic meal!
Al
Thanks Al! Pretty sure the day will be etched in the kids brains....ie see this is what mom and dad does just as they head out of the nest.....

CS, Nice ride and great plate!
Thanks CM! you know crazymoon is something one my think about driving over the rocks....LOL

Some great food and great views! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks yankee and you are welcome. Its just not something you see everyday for sure. I was really nice to get out and feel "free" as you can be in a 5 point harness......

Great looking plate of food bud .

Cool . Mine just finished her Masters in Education a couple weeks ago .
Good luck to her .
Many thanks Chop! My daughter will finish up next year but will be teaching a couple of classes this summer as well as next year as well. My son will be taking the class she teaches this summer but he is NOT taking it from her!

Thanks, much apreciated!

Reactions: chopsaw
Beautiful pics and a beautiful looking meal! It all looks awesome!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! My wife planned this trip in about 15 min after she realized that our original destination (Yellowstone) was going to be a raging blizzard for the whole time....She done good I think!

That scenery looks Awesome, but the Eats All Look Perfect !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear....the views are certainly not something you experience every day.....the food to!

View attachment 497376

Damn man! That meal Iooks outstanding and the ride and pictures look beautiful. Sounds like you guys are having a great trip!

Thanks SVF! I was a meal for the picture books for sure! The trip was epic! The adult kids, became kids again!.....Mom and dad included!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky