Wussface status confirmed!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Am I getting forgetful or what? I just don't remember the outlet. Old age kicking in, I guess...

Yes, Tiny Tim is another one I'd like to forget...
I hear ya. I've gone to a store for one item, and when I got there I forgot why I went there.

Chris

I do that, too. I worry about being forgetful, is it a prelude to something else? My mother passed away from Dementia...
Lets hope not. I had a neighbor who I knew most of my life just stare at me one day. Deep down he knew that he should have known who I was, but couldn't remember me. Scary and sad at the same time.

Chris

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Lets hope not. I had a neighbor who I knew most of my life just stare at me one day. Deep down he knew that he should have known who I was, but couldn't remember me. Scary and sad at the same time.

Chris
I went down that path with my mother and have seen and experienced it all. Yes it's scary and sad to say the least...

Reactions: gmc2003
You dont know if you dont try! At least you had a solid contingency plan! Looks like it turned out great in the end and that is all that matters!
This may seem familiar ...... Point for sure!

Reactions: gmc2003
You dont know if you dont try! At least you had a solid contingency plan! Looks like it turned out great in the end and that is all that matters!

Appreciate it BED. I just hope it's not a sign of things to come this summer.

This may seem familiar ...... Point for sure!
I have read that phrase once or twice somewhere before. Ummmm

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: Buckeyedude

Temps were supposed to be around 35* with clear blue skies, and I just couldn't help myself. Picked up this yard bird on Friday hoping the weather dude was correct. Heck ya, he was spot on. So I broke out the spinner on Saturday for its inaugural run. The spinner worked as advertised, but the pitmaster - well lets just say there is room for improvement.

The bird:
View attachment 662467
The spinner:
View attachment 662468

The Beer pole. It's also running juice to the spinner.
View attachment 662476

Bird is the word!!!
View attachment 662477

After two beers:
View attachment 662478
Well at this point things started going south or north you decide. The outside temps started dropping quickly, and the kettle followed suit. So I made the executive decision to finish it in the oven.

Tossed the bird into a 425* oven to finish, and holy smokes was it good.
View attachment 662480
Man was it juicy:
View attachment 662481
All sliced up and one place to go:
View attachment 662483

I still have a lot to learn with the spinner, and for a first try I was very pleased. My main problem was that I didn't have the counter weight set properly and it wound up pulling the rod out of the motor a few times. Second, fire management. I wanted to go lidless, but I couldn't with the wind and only firing up one charcoal basket. I started with briquettes and quickly went to adding lump. The lump worked better, but still didn't keep the heat up. Finally I'm not going to spin with temps below 40*. Live and learn I say, but the chicken was most excellent.

Thanks for staying with me

Chris

The bird looks great. It’s 115 am here and I could not help but laugh at your description of the rotisserie weight and pictured the bird turning like a flat tire rolling. Sorry that happened but it happened to me before so I’m laughing with you. I threw my rotisserie away lol. It sure did look juicy. No harm in using the Oven thanks for sharing.

The bird looks great. It’s 115 am here and I could not help but laugh at your description of the rotisserie weight and pictured the bird turning like a flat tire rolling. Sorry that happened but it happened to me before so I’m laughing with you. I threw my rotisserie away lol. It sure did look juicy. No harm in using the Oven thanks for sharing.

Appreciate it FB, I'm not ready to give up on the spinner just yet. The guys pointed out my setup mistake and I'm gonna give it another try next week.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky