Wussface status confirmed!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bird looks great ! Happy you got out the spinner . You'll love it .
Glad you posted . That thing looks super juicy .
My main problem was that I didn't have the counter weight set properly and it wound up pulling the rod out of the motor a few times.
Maybe someone spotted this already , but you didn't have the bushing in the slot . That keeps it from walking out of the motor .
Like this ,
1681042482778.jpeg

Nice looking bird! The rod kept falling out of the motor because it wasn't set up properly.
DSC04872.JPG

The hub should be sitting on the ring. Not beyond it.

Reactions: gmc2003
I'd say, judging from the final results, you made a perfect decision Chris.
Gary
Thanks Gary, It turned out a lot moister than I thought it would.
Still a great cook, doing a duck on the spinner/kettle tomorrow
Appreciate it Cliff, Duck is one protein that I don't remember every cooking. They are available around here once in a while. I'll have to give it a go.

Chris

Looks incredible to me! Really juicy! Doesn’t seem like you have too much more tweaking to go! Awesome spin!
Thanks Jed, fire management is high on the list. I struggled to keep the temps up using the spinner.

Yahtzee! Good looking bird for the inaugural cook. I did one in the oven yesterday as it was just crappy and raining outside. I'm sure we'll see more fine foods come off the spinner.

Concur. Beer is like bacon. It makes everything better.
LOL Beer is like bacon. Appreciate it mr. whipple. We had clear blue skies and moderate temps for the time of year. It was just the wind picking up that killed me.

Chris

Reactions: bauchjw
Looks great, Chris! You did good. When things don't go as planned/hoped, the plans have to be changed...adapt and overcome.

Am I seeing a new appendage on the beer pole?

By the way, I can't stand that song and now it's stuck in my head...:emoji_laughing:
Thanks Charles. We always need a plan B to deal with outside interference. The outlet appendage has always been part of the beer poles existence. In its infancy the BP served as a power source for our pool. When the kids moved out we sold the pool, but I kept the BP. I kind of like the song, but I'm the same way with Tiptoe thru the tulips.

Well Chris at least you got further than I did last week with your spinner.

Great looking bird Chris, like said above, by Charles Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke " adapt and over come " and enjoy a great meal

David
Appreciate it David I was really happy with the bird, but just wished I could've finished it on the spinner. Next time.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Bird looks great ! Happy you got out the spinner . You'll love it .
Glad you posted . That thing looks super juicy .

Maybe someone spotted this already , but you didn't have the bushing in the slot . That keeps it from walking out of the motor .
Like this ,
View attachment 662526
Thanks Rich, I must have been brain dead when I put it together. I was thinking it was a spacer.

Looks like a wise and well done cook! Hopefully you will be able to use that spinner again soon!
Appreciate it Kimberly, Warmer weather is on it's way, or at least that's what they keep telling us. I got some big plans for this spinner, hopefully they work out.

Chris

Nice meal Chris! I’d have made the same decision, nothing wrong with an oven finish!
Thanks Justin. I know sometimes you just have to bit the bullet, and surrender to Mother Nature.

Chris

Reactions: bigfurmn
Boy howdy Chris, I give it points for overcoming faulty setup! I like to spin with a coal basket and wood chunks on each side of the kettle, just sayin'. RAY

Reactions: gmc2003
Boy howdy Chris, I give it points for overcoming faulty setup! I like to spin with a coal basket and wood chunks on each side of the kettle, just sayin'. RAY
Appreciate it Ray, It was a little on the windy side yesterday so I wanted to try the lided approach, and figured two baskets would have been too much heat wise. I'll go double barrel on the baskets next time around.

Chris

Reactions: sawhorseray
Thanks Ray, for my next go-around I'll be hitting you guys up for suggestions.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky