wsm 18.5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superk, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Well all fellow smokers I think im going to purchase the 18.5 wsm on rollback at walmart for $99 i hope it holds temp better then my chargriller wirh sfb

2. freiesleben

freiesleben Meat Mopper

That is a really good price, I love my WSM 18.5 and it is pretty good a keeping the temp, there are also several mods you can make/get for it. Let me know if you need any tips/ideas. I have smoked almost everything on mine and it makes some good Que

3. lemans

lemans Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

What Walmart has a wsm for $99
    I want one!

4. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great price grab it and don't turn back. Great smoker. I can run mine from 180-400+ and not worry about it.

Your first smokes will be hit and miss until the greases and drippy goodness start to seal everything up.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  5. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

That is a steal!  I love mine!

6. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Changed from a Chargriller to a 22.5" WSM 6 years ago and almost felt guilty at how much easier it was to use compared the Chargriller. Go for it! [​IMG]

7. I bought it!!!!!

8. vwaldoguy

vwaldoguy Smoke Blower

That's a steal.

9. lemans

lemans Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You only bought one???lol
    Fantastic you will love it

11. what will be a good first meat to do? Im at a turning point here in life:) oh everyone thank the wife for this was an early bday present!

12. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Can't go wrong with chicken. Search here for spatchcock chicken and go to town. Best to do chicken at higher temps.

13. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I agree with Case,  

Chicken is a wise first smoke, your temps will probably run high from the shiny newness inside.  Chicken will love the higher temps!  Good luck and post some pics of your smoke. [​IMG]

Mike