WOOHOO! I LOVE THE NEW FORUM!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We are indeed still working on things.  Lots of data is being crunched so page loads (mainly those with lots of images) may be a little bit slow for the next day but things should start picking up.
My avatar on the old forum was a gif & now is just an image. Is this something I need to reload or will gif's be available to use at all? Also, is there a setting to view more than 10 responses per page on any particular thread? I think I had the old one set at 20 per page. 

Thanks Jeff. Things are looking good so far. 
cool.gif

Wow, thought I had went to wrong place for a moment!

Found a setting in the "profile" at the bottom.  Still have a wide blank space on the right hand side of my screen...means less usable screen when I visit here.  I'm sure they have worked hard on this and I commend the efforts but boy this going to take some getting used to.  I use FireFox and IE.

Jeff,

When I try and re arrange my signature it keeps wanting to put two lines together.  Any way to get around that or is it a bug?

Please have patience with me, I'm a complete idiot with computers, replace it with what, where do I find a picture of a palm tree on a white sand beach next to a blue lagoon?

Thanks,

Gene
Gene, if you have a pic of a palm tree on a white sandy beach loaded on your computer, you should be able to use that for your avatar pic. You might have to tweak it to get the pixel count small enough for it to fit.

Jeff,

When I try and re arrange my signature it keeps wanting to put two lines together.  Any way to get around that or is it a bug?
You have to click on "Source" and add a <br /> where you want the line to break

For instance:

first line<br />

second line<br />

third line<br />

fourth line<br />

fifth line

After the 5th line it will not break any further it will just run together. A great way to put more than one item on a single line is to separate them with bars (just above the Enter key).

Gene, if you have a pic of a palm tree on a white sandy beach loaded on your computer, you should be able to use that for your avatar pic. You might have to tweak it to get the pixel count small enough for it to fit.

I think it will automatically re-size for you.. one of the things I really like about this software. I know it does that for images within the post.. pretty sure it does for avatars as well. Let me check into that to make sure.

A few more questions

I hadn't tried yet, but I noticed all our signature banners went away.  Are we going to be able to use those?

Are premier members going to get green name lettering again, or is that going away?

Other than really slow load speeds ( and I have a 7Mbps connection )  the site looks great!

A few more questions

I hadn't tried yet, but I noticed all our signature banners went away.  Are we going to be able to use those?

Are premier members going to get green name lettering again, or is that going away?

Other than really slow load speeds ( and I have a 7Mbps connection )  the site looks great!
Lots of data is being crunched right now so page loads (mainly those with lots of images) may be a little bit slow for the next day or so but things should start picking up soon.

The signatures on this platform are more limited than what we have been used to. For some this is a good thing and for others.. not so good. There are some significant changes coming down the pike on signatures to allow some images and such but not sure how soon this will happen.

Also, group names do not seem to be colored on this platform. Instead, they use badges under your username to show what group you belong to.

Last edited:
Man this is sweet guys!

Congratulations on getting this up and running so quickly!

The functionality is so smooth (at least on my end right now) and the layout is awesome!

I love the clean look of the posts and the WYSIWYG editor is so easy and the buttons are nice and large!

Kudos to you and your fellow admins!

And for those who are not at all sure what went on behind the scenes, take it from a guy who supports DR (disaster recovery) software...a cut over is never a happy scenario and to have this back up this quickly with things for the most part just working is an unbelievably large feat.

Give these guys a break and make notes of what you are missing / don't like / want and give them a few days to finish up.

Thanks again Jeff Brian and Jerry and all the folks from Huddler!    I will have to renew my Premier membership in the morning.

Please have patience with me, I'm a complete idiot with computers, replace it with what, where do I find a picture of a palm tree on a white sand beach next to a blue lagoon?

Thanks,

Gene
Gene click on your current pic it will take you right to your profile, under your current pick ( when your in your profile ) you will see change pic or change underwear..something about change. click on that and you should be good to go

ok now I'm an idiot..beats me where you find a white sandy beach and a palm tree..probably right next to an early 80's Bo Derek look-a-like.

So Steve, how do you really feel. What don't you like about the new forum? Jeff asked in another post to tell us what you like and dislike. Your "HATE IT!!" is the kind of feedback we can't really address.

Well, I've been checking out everything I can find and I haven't messed anything up yet.
biggrin.gif

I'm sorry, Mr. Black, that you don't like it. I hope you will give it more of a chance to grow on ya.

For myself, I believe this is a HUGE improvement. I liked the previous, but this is great! It's easy to navigate, easy to find what I want, etc. I have a couple of things in my mind, but I'll wait a bit to see if I'm just not seeing what I'm looking for.

Thanx to everyone that helped with the change and thanx to all of the members for making this THE best smoking meat site!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky