Wood for smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Weaverspitbbq

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 7, 2019
San Antonio
New to your site not to bbqin...Guess im lucky , i use wood ie mesquite, oak , pecan to bbq ..dont use charcoal my 2 cents ....
Chicken pork sausage love Pecan ...beef loves Oak .my prefrence...no one in a the site Welcomed me . So ill Welcome myself . I have three straight run pits ..one offset that was gonna get thrown out. Sear n smoke ..made the stack taller..on all my homebuilt pits ..have an old Ducane gas grill use it for rotisserie chicken ..given to me ..repaired it ....built a trailer pit ..fires 12 / 15 lb briskets at a time .. i read your post.. to see whats goin on ....

Vertical hot water heater tank as is the horizontal one

Attachments

• 20190907_193033.jpg
    20190907_193033.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190907_193033.jpg
    20190907_193033.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 36
Thank you all for the welcome...i appreciate it ..i build my pits for me and family .out of necessity.......... Thank You all ..keep Smokin......From The Alamo....

Welcome. Good looking BBQ from the Alamo City. My favorite tamales come from downtown SA.

I sold moms tamales in the 60's 35 cents a dozen ....tortilleria La Grande on Pleasanton rd at Huff ..damn good Tamales. Dos Hermanos o. Cupples at hwy 90....We are blessed ..Good Polish sausage ..they settled 50 miles south of san Antonio...Great Mexican food ...Good bbq ...burgers

Old water heater pits made them ..when you grow up poor ..you make do ..nothing fancy just Good clean livin n bbq ..big trailer Pit in the back

Reactions: fivetricks
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky