Wood Fired Pizza Oven For Slow Cooked Meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

man7sell

Original poster
Aug 11, 2015
Granite Falls WA
I have recently, well 3 years and still working on, a wood fired pizza oven. After an evening of cooking pizza or other fun high heat dishes, I let the oven cool to around 300F. I have tried several dishes like pork shoulder dry rubbed and enclosed in foil, put into a cast iron pot. Slip this into the oven and close the metal door. Next day while the oven is still at 200F inside, slide out the dish and serve. Yummm.

Mosaic not completed yet.

Next I want to build a large BBQ for smoking ribs etc.

Capt. Paul

Hello Paul

Either that's a small pizza or a big oven!  The decoratative tiles are over the top but in a good way.  I suspect Nancy (the sane one here on the farm) would take a dim view of me doing something like that.

Welcome to the herd and please, where is Granite Falls?

Lance

It's 42" inside diameter. It's only a 12" pizza.

Granite Falls is in Washington state (At least mine is as there are several).

Granite Falls is in Washington state (At least mine is as there are several).
That's a handy size.  I get that Granite Falls in in WA but where in WA?  I was stationed at Fort Lewis for a few years and traveled a lot of the state. 

Lance

Ahhmaybe 40 miles north of any of the areas I speant time in west of the Cascades.   I'll bet it's a pretty area.  I didn't think any part of WA wasn't pretty.  When I came back from West Berlin in 1980 settling in western WA was a toss up to the Finger Lakes area of NY.  Central NY was 2,000 miles closer to family so here we are.

Have a great evening.

Lance

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky