Wood fired bacon...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wes w

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 31, 2012
NW North Carolina
Most folks have cold smoked bacon, so, I'll add another.

Cured with Pop's cure,  smoked for 8 hrs.   Rest for one week in the frig.  Slice and pack.    Final product was 22lbs of the most awesome hickory smoked bacon you can imagine.  

We do this yearly a week before Christmas.  Its our bacon and breakfast sausage week!    Our breakfast sausage is 50-50 pork butt and venison,  plus about 10% pork fat.    Sage, salt, pepper.   Simply awesome!

Enjoy.... 

Yeah, its a little redneck, but it works for me... :-)

Love the vac rolls from Vacuum Sealers Unlimited.  We buy them by the case.

I've got another  20 lbs of bellies in the cure now.  That should make our yearly supply.   As you can tell by the photo, the pepper bacon has a darker color once sliced.  Not sure why, but it is soooo awesome!!

Hope everyone has a great year!!

If you have children, hug them, tell them you love them.  We never know how long they will be with us....

Reactions: dirtsailor2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky