Wood Chip Bowl

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gatordjw

Original poster
Dec 29, 2020
I just got a masterbuilt 40” propane for Christmas. I cant wait to try it out.

I noted that the wood chip bowl was rather small on this smoker. Has anyone replaced it with anything larger?

Reactions: JLeonard
Hi, I'm new here, I haven't tried it, but I'd like to know who everything is working. Can you please share your experience after using it? Thanks in advance

Welcome to the site, I always busted chunks up and put in mine, they lasted a lot longer than chips, also my chip holder is cast iron with a lid so they didn't burn up quickly , whatever you replace with needs to have a lid with some holes in it

I have the MB propane smoker. I actually use a smoker box on top of the stock chip pan and put chunks in it for low and slow cooks. It gives enough separation from the flame to heat up and smoke but not burst into flames. For a higher heat cook (ie chicken or turkey) i have a cast iron pan that I place on the stock pan. Heats up well and smolders the chunks without them catching flames. It works for me.
Jim

Welcome to the site, I always busted chunks up and put in mine, they lasted a lot longer than chips, also my chip holder is cast iron with a lid so they didn't burn up quickly , whatever you replace with needs to have a lid with some holes in it
Thanks for welcome and idea!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky