wireless probes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The one Murray posted sure looks like a winner, but I would wait until a bunch of other folks buy it & at least someone on here reviews it. If it performs as the ad says it would be awesome for a rotisserie.
Al

The one Murray posted sure looks like a winner, but I would wait until a bunch of other folks buy it & at least someone on here reviews it. If it performs as the ad says it would be awesome for a rotisserie.
Al
Thank you

Too pricey for me but for a rotisserie they would be the cat’s meow.
One probe is $60+, 2 probes $100+. If lids on cooking vessel are open, then open air BT reception is 33ft. If closed, 10ft. Then you need their $60 repeater range extender to 165ft. Then you need another wifi device and the configuration on their pro app to go wifi through your gateway. I'm out!

Reactions: Millberry
So I have the Meater+ and the Meater Block.

The meater+ has worked flawlessly and it is my go to therm. You do have t oput the repeater near the smoker to get any sort of range. This is okay unless it is raining, snowing etc. I put it in a ziplock to solve that issue.

The Block has been hit and miss. I've been through 2 units and now it the new one wont update which has rendered it unusable. CI has been lack luster. So wouldn't recommend it.

I have found that I really dont need multiple probes anymore as I am not cooking large cooks like I used to. It id nice being able to monitor rotisserie cooks. The meater probe reads ambient and internal and it seems to be accurate. The internal probe is spot on. the ambient temp is a bit more finicky. The ambient probe also has limitations (low and high). I can't off hand remember what the upper and lower temp is for the ambient.

One probe is $60+, 2 probes $100+. If lids on cooking vessel are open, then open air BT reception is 33ft. If closed, 10ft. Then you need their $60 repeater range extender to 165ft. Then you need another wifi device and the configuration on their pro app to go wifi through your gateway. I'm out!
Thanks so much

So I have the Meater+ and the Meater Block.

The meater+ has worked flawlessly and it is my go to therm. You do have t oput the repeater near the smoker to get any sort of range. This is okay unless it is raining, snowing etc. I put it in a ziplock to solve that issue.

The Block has been hit and miss. I've been through 2 units and now it the new one wont update which has rendered it unusable. CI has been lack luster. So wouldn't recommend it.

I have found that I really dont need multiple probes anymore as I am not cooking large cooks like I used to. It id nice being able to monitor rotisserie cooks. The meater probe reads ambient and internal and it seems to be accurate. The internal probe is spot on. the ambient temp is a bit more finicky. The ambient probe also has limitations (low and high). I can't off hand remember what the upper and lower temp is for the ambient.
I sure appreciate that. Guess I will wait for new technology. Good report!

No Kidding Thank you

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky