Winter Cheese w/ Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well fess up was it good. I did some on Saturday.
icon_mrgreen.gif

He is on the road right now, but is planning on trying to report in this evening. "Supposedly", others have opened their gifts and have loved it. He hasn't been home to try his. We haven't been able to coordinate schedules for me to get my samples yet either.

I'm trying to pick mine up this weekend. I'll report after that.

Following the two week "mellowing time," the cheese was sampled by family and friends, followed by rave reviews! Thanks for asking...

I have been doing a little sampling on my experiment. It has been real good so far. I am working on a different set up. I think I have it figured out. Maybe this weekend I will do a big batch. Wish me luck!!

I know this is an old post but i have been using my big chief smoker for years to smoke cheese. I realy like how the sliced cheese Turns out when you cut it cross ways and end up with 1 in square X whatever the thickness of each stack is and wrap in cheese cloth. I only do the fingers as i love the smoke on the cheese. To big a block and not enough smoke. I set a couple pcs of wood on the top of the smoker so the lid will sit higher with a gap to let out the heat and then wait for the goodness. I wrap the cheese in cheese cloth. I layer of cheese cloth only.

Last edited:
I know this is an old post but i have been using my big chief smoker for years to smoke cheese. I realy like how the sliced cheese Turns out when you cut it cross ways and end up with 1 in square X whatever the thickness of each stack is and wrap in cheese cloth. I only do the fingers as i love the smoke on the cheese. To big a block and not enough smoke. I set a couple pcs of wood on the top of the smoker so the lid will sit higher with a gap to let out the heat and then wait for the goodness. I wrap the cheese in cheese cloth. I layer of cheese cloth only.

th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky