WINGS..Sometimes you just have to fry them

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry in advance for not having a lot of pictures.. Didnt plan on sharing this but figured hey why not??

Its just been to dang windy and cold for me to want to mess with the smoker lately... And I was really craving some wings..... And I wanted them fried!!... Normally I just drop them right in the fryer "naked"... But this time I wanted crispy crunchy wings.. So I did them like I do my fried chicken for family get togethers..

First step...
Straight AP flour

Second step
3 eggs
1 cup flour
1 TBSP seasoning salt
1 can cheap light beer( or club soda)

Third step
2 cups flour
1 TBSP salt
1 tsp celery salt
1 TBSP paprika
1 TBSP cayenne pepper
1.5 TBSP garlic powder
0.5 TBSP onion powder

Coat in the plain flour then the egg/beer mix then into the seasoned flout mix. Drop into 350° oil. Wings take about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.

Super crispy chicken.....yum!!

View attachment 524079View attachment 524080

Sure hit the spot!! Thanks for taking a look!
we have become BIg fans of our air fryer for wings. mama gave me a small one for christmas, and was soon buying the large cuisinart with a basket that will hold 12 large whole wings. we do ours buffalo style ( like at the bars).chiken gets crispy (not breaded.) and then gets a bath in Franks nd butter. I don't post my air fryer adventures here because I didn't know if it was apropos. Last night teriyaki chops. IMG-3170.JPG

we have become BIg fans of our air fryer for wings. mama gave me a small one for christmas, and was soon buying the large cuisinart with a basket that will hold 12 large whole wings. we do ours buffalo style ( like at the bars).chiken gets crispy (not breaded.) and then gets a bath in Franks nd butter. I don't post my air fryer adventures here because I didn't know if it was apropos. Last night teriyaki chops.View attachment 524128
Those look good! I use my air fryer a lot. Love doing fresh veggies in it! Lots of threads here with air fryer cooks. I wouldnt be afraid to post them. Most post them in the YAWYE section.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky