Wings and Legs for Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

m i z-b b q

Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Sikeston, MO
Well I fired up the ole offset for a semi dry run... I plan to have a pretty good BBQ this weekend and just got Maverick ET-732 in the mail Tuesday so I couldn't wait. I fired up my smoker right after work and got her to ~300-310 as I have read this is a pretty good temp for wings to get a crisp skin rather than the rubbery texture. While the coals were getting ready I injected the wings and legs with a mixture of about 1:1 of Creole Butter and Franks Red Hot and then seasoned them with a rub I have prepared as a "put on everything" basically a sweet heat that seems to go over well in my house. Here is the prep and end result for those wanting Q View
ba5y2umu.jpg

ze5a8a3e.jpg

The legs were the best in my opinion and even tho I tried to smoke at the higher temp to avoid the rubber skin on the wings it still was quite rubbery... Flavor was great just poor texture. Next time I will have the trusty gas grill fired up next to my smoker for when they come off to crisp them up. Other than that I say it was a successful endeavor! And the ET-732 worked like a charm!!

Luke

I loves me some wings!!! Those look fabulous!!!! How did you like the injection? Yea the hot grill really helps with the skin!

The injection was great! I actually was in a pinch and had to rush so they were only able to rest after for about 45 mins to and hour... So some bites left you with a burst of flavor! I thought that was pretty great but the woman said she would rather just have the steady flavor. Always helps to have a decent critic in the house that way I can't be too partial to my own work!!

Luke

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky