Winging it!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great wings Ryan! And you proved Necessity IS the Mother of Invention, lol.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Excellent batch of wings Ryan. Congrats on the ride !
Thank you, I appreciate it! And the ride on the carousel is truly an honor...all due to what I have learned from this site!

Ryan

Great wings Ryan! And you proved Necessity IS the Mother of Invention, lol.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike
Thank you, I appreciate it! Where there is a will there's a way...this just worked out really well.

Ryan

Love the look of the wings and the ingenuity of the vortex. But those tater rounds! I love tater rounds in the air fryer. They must be so bad for you because they taste so good!! Congrats on the ride!

Love the look of the wings and the ingenuity of the vortex. But those tater rounds! I love tater rounds in the air fryer. They must be so bad for you because they taste so good!! Congrats on the ride!
Thank you, I appreciate it! Those tater rounds are really good. But I'm going with healthier for me than deep fried...my story and I'm sticking to it! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

Reactions: pi guy
Those look great! How is that mulberry wood? I've been itching to try some but still haven't ran across any yet.
Thank you, I appreciate it! We really like it, gave the wings perfect amount of smoke. Plus we have a lot of it, I swear every time a bird poops a mulberry tree grows.

Ryan

Looks great from here Ryan!

Nice Job.

And congrats on the ride my friend....

BIG LIKE!

John
Thanks John, I appreciate it! Truly an honor to be put up for a ride...and there are some excellent posts going for a ride now.

Ryan

Well done. Good idea with the foil when I use the vortex for chicken in mine it leaves a lot of grease I’ll have to try that out. Not sure if it was stated. But how hot did your “vortex” get the grill?

Well done. Good idea with the foil when I use the vortex for chicken in mine it leaves a lot of grease I’ll have to try that out. Not sure if it was stated. But how hot did your “vortex” get the grill?
Thanks, I appreciate it! It did really help with clean up.
20200729_183302.jpg

The highest was 424 degrees, before the wings were added, 387 here, can't remember for sure where it ran while cooking but it was hot...higher than I thought it would be.

Ryan

Great looking wings, Broken.
I'm a wing addict who refuses intervention. The only time that I'm gonna put my chair in a circle and ask, "okay, whose gonna go first?" is when its about whose fetching the beers from the cooler. :emoji_wink:

Smoked some chicken wings last night using peach wood. Adult son and I regularly have pizza and wings on Fridays. After smoking, I finish the wings either on the gasser or convection oven to crisp the skin. For fish and poultry, I love fruit woods milder flavor. These came out great. Did all but two of them buffalo style. Wish I would have left more naked, as the peach wood made some awesome wings.

Great looking wings, Broken.
I'm a wing addict who refuses intervention. The only time that I'm gonna put my chair in a circle and ask, "okay, whose gonna go first?" is when its about whose fetching the beers from the cooler. :emoji_wink:

Smoked some chicken wings last night using peach wood. Adult son and I regularly have pizza and wings on Fridays. After smoking, I finish the wings either on the gasser or convection oven to crisp the skin. For fish and poultry, I love fruit woods milder flavor. These came out great. Did all but two of them buffalo style. Wish I would have left more naked, as the peach wood made some awesome wings.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky