Winco SAF-Instant Yeast Sale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noboundaries

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2013
Roseville, CA, a suburb of Sacramento
I ran to Winco this morning to pick up some essentials before the major storm hits us this weekend and next week. In the bulk section they had 1 lb packages of SAF-Instant (Red) yeast for $4.58. That's only a few cents per ounce more than the 2 lb Costco price. Good until Oct 2024 if kept on a shelf.

If kept in a freezer until needed, it won't expire. I keep a yeast supply in the freezer and use it to refill jars I keep in the refrigerator. I've had yeasts that were a year past their expiration that still performed perfectly.

For the past year I've been using Red Star Active Dry and Instant yeasts. I haven't noticed a difference between Red Star, Fleischmann's, and SAF, except the price. A 4 oz jar of either Red Star is the same price as the 1 lb SAF yeast (Red).

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky